Plugin Contributions

Default Remote printing - like 1000 miles

Using Zen Cart I host a pizza site on a server in Conn. with the shop in Colo. So an on line order comes in, sends email to the computer in the back room(Colo) (MS) running Thunderbird with the AddOn Send to printer, Move to Printed. Works(ed) great - I don't know if it's the owners kids, the owner, gremlins but things stop working/printing. So I'm thinking is there a way to send the order from the server in Conn. to a networked printer in Colo.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remote printing - like 1000 miles

The best way to do that sort of thing is to use a printer that has an email address assigned to it. Most HP printers have this "ePrint" capability. Then any emails sent to that specific address get printed, or if they have attachments then the attachments are printed instead.

I suspect that whatever feature "suddenly stopped" working is a result of someone replacing routers, reconfiguring something on the printer, or playing with new toys they got over Christmas. It's probably worth talking to whoever looks after computer/internet/router stuff at the remote location and let them explain everything that's changed since it was last working properly. Should be some clues there if they tell you the full story.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.