Plugin Contributions

Default website inquiries

I am getting Website Inquiry from Sierra Sweets emails. I have been getting a lot of them every day now for months. Is there a way to use something that will check to see if it's a human. Something like a captcha.
    They come from all different names and they're never logged in. I've gotta think that they're just being generated by robo emailers
    ken

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: website inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by ken1 View Post
    I am getting Website Inquiry from Sierra Sweets emails. I have been getting a lot of them every day now for months. Is there a way to use something that will check to see if it's a human. Something like a captcha.
    They come from all different names and they're never logged in. I've gotta think that they're just being generated by robo emailers
    ken
    Does your site have a mega menu? Sorry, not familiar with the template. And if so (or perhaps if not) is there a contact us "form" that can be filled in other than when the uri is: // your store com /index.php?main_page=contact_us
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

@Ken1: To clarify, are you saying you're getting spammed?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Yes I am being spammed. Is it possible to send people to my account at Mail Chimp site from the contact us link.
    k

Plugin Contributions

MailChimp is for sending mail, not receiving it.
    If you're getting a lot of spam it might be worth forwarding your mail to a GMail address. This way Google can filter out the spam (something they're incredibly good at).

Plugin Contributions

Rather than cluttering internet traffic a second time, preventing the abuse (or at least minimizing it) could be a first step... Unfortunately it's not possible to evaluate the site without a site address, and with identifying if there are multiple paths installed (although may not be visible) to provide contact information...

Plugin Contributions

I just don't see how this is possible. If someone has your email address (visible in clear text on your contact page) and they decide to flood you with spam, you need a filter.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    I just don't see how this is possible. If someone has your email address (visible in clear text on your contact page) and they decide to flood you with spam, you need a filter.
    Mega_menu without proper incorporation of the additional fields of 1.5.1 will allow messages to go through even if css is used to "hide" the contact us dropdown menu of the mega menu...

Lived it, fixed it... Still see occasional tests of the process, three or four rapid attempts to access main_page=contact_us. Some templates although 1.5.1+ "compatible" doesn't mean that features of 1.5.1+ have been fully incorporated, just that they "work" or at least don't crash.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ken1 View Post
    ken
    Does your site have a mega menu? Sorry, not familiar with the template. And if so (or perhaps if not) is there a contact us "form" that can be filled in other than when the uri is: // your store com /index.php?main_page=contact_us
    Ya, it looks like the problem is with the contact-us form in the menu, not with the contact-us "page".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.