Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Comm results: 60 SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Thank you for reading this and helping to resolve the problem.

I am getting the error message shown below during checkout. Checkout works fine for check/money order and for PayPal. The problem is when checking out with a credit card (Authorize.net).

This is background information in anticipation of your basic questions:

• Zen Cart v1.5.3 – fresh install
    • PHP Version: 5.3.28 (Zend: 2.3.0)
    • Database: MySQL 5.5.38-log
    • SSL certificate installed by web host aplus.net
    • SSL enabled in config files
      • "https:" URL was used for BOTH the HTTP_SERVER and HTTPS_SERVER entries

• Credit Cards turned on via Admin > Configuration > Credit Cards (Visa and Mastercard)
    • Authorize.net AIM Module Enabled and set-up with correct AP Login and Transaction Key
    • Module in production mode
    • Authorize.net account set to production (NOT test)
    • Dr. Byte’s authorizenet_aim.php file uploaded

• Note: When that didn’t resolve the problem, the authorizenet_aim.php file from zen cart v1.5.4 was installed – still no resolution
    • Checkout using VISA test card #4111111111111111

Error message during checkout:
    Communications Error - Please notify webmaster. - Your credit card could not be authorized for this reason. Please correct the information and try again or contact us for further assistance.

I spoke with Authorize.net and they do not have any indication on their end that a transaction was even attempted, so no resolution on that end.

I then attempted to checkout again, this time with debug on.

The Debug Email shows the message below. I am willing to speak with the SSL certificate issuer or the web host if that’s where I need to go. However, I don’t know enough from what I see in the results (below) to know how to properly phrase a question. I want to avoid the old "it’s not on our end" circle of frustration.

My question is:
    Given the information in the debug report, what is the problem that I am trying to resolve?

Also, if you can tell from the information that there is a step I should take, please describe what I need to do.

I am not a programmer so plain English is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for anything you can share to help me get this resolved.

Debug Email Contents:

Comm results: 60 SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Response Code: .
    Response Text:

Sending to Authorizenet: Array
    (
    [x_login] => *******
    [x_tran_key] => *******
    [x_relay_response] => FALSE
    [x_delim_data] => TRUE
    ...etc....etc....etc.

Results Received back from Authorizenet: Array
    (
    [0] => Response from gateway
    [1] =>
    [Expected-MD5-Hash] => 9E54A1C80C4D4BCF5B65D4FC5D3D26E6
    [HashMatchStatus] => FAIL
    )

CURL communication info: Array
    (
    [url] => https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll
    [content_type] =>
    [http_code] => 0
    [header_size] => 0
    [request_size] => 0
    [filetime] => -1
    [ssl_verify_result] => 0
    [redirect_count] => 0
    [total_time] => 0.268828
    [namelookup_time] => 0.057513
    [connect_time] => 0.127904
    [pretransfer_time] => 0
    [size_upload] => 0
    [size_download] => 0
    [speed_download] => 0
    [speed_upload] => 0
    [download_content_length] => -1
    [upload_content_length] => -1
    [starttransfer_time] => 0
    [redirect_time] => 0
    [certinfo] => Array
    (
    )

[redirect_url] =>
    )

RAW data received:

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AIM Authorize.net module suddenly quit working due to SSL communications error?

One thing; about the file you uploaded. I uploaded (replaced) two files, not one, and I got them from downloading and unzipping the entire (New) Zen-Cart, and copied the two files from that (they aren't the same file). I'm sure you probably know this, but also, you have to have the permissions set to write, and don't forget to put the permissions back. At least with my FTP program I have to. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Johnnycopilot; 20 Jan 2015 at 01:38 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: AIM Authorize.net module suddenly quit working due to SSL communications error?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnycopilot View Post
    One thing; about the file you uploaded. I uploaded (replaced) two files, not one, and I got them from downloading and unzipping the entire (New) Zen-Cart, and copied the two files from that (they aren't the same file). I'm sure you probably know this, but also, you have to have the permissions set to write, and don't forget to put the permissions back. At least with my FTP program I have to. Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, I downloaded zen-cart v1.5.4 and used the authorizenet_aim.php file.

I'd like to try your suggestion but I don't want to assume. What was the name of the second file you uploaded?

Plugin Contributions

Dianne, the name of both files is the same, authorizenet_aim.php .. If you don't understand let me know and I'll walk you through uploading them (best I can, that is). Then, after upload, you have to 'install' them by simply hitting 'install' from Admin-Modules-Payment-Authorize.net (AIM). Then put your Authorize.net information in, so before you replace anything, make sure to copy your Login ID, Transaction Key, and MD5 Hash (If you have an MD5 Hash; if you don't you'll still have to blank-out that field because there is some writing in there). The 2 files are located here.

/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php
    /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/authorizenet_aim.php
    Last edited by Johnnycopilot; 20 Jan 2015 at 03:41 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! Unfortunately, uploading the two files did not resolve the problem.

Here's what I did...

I uninstalled the payment module in the admin panel and then deleted both files via FTP. I then uploaded the two new files from zen cart v1.5.4 and then reinstalled the module via the admin panel, making sure to use the correct settings (double-checking all entries against a screen shot).

So, thank you for the suggestion but it has not resolved the problem.

In the error message, what stands out for me is:

Comm results: 60 SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

I have no idea what this means or where to check...or even what I should be expecting to see if I knew where to check.

If you or anyone reading this can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. For example, if I were to speak with the hosting company (who also installed the SSL certificate), what would I be asking them? I don't understand the error message enough to formulate a question.

Thanks for anything you can share.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Comm results: 60 SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

It's a server misconfiguration problem.
    Your hosting company will need to fix it. It has to do with certificate authority data in the PHP/CURL configuration.
    You don't need to be the expert on that. It's a server-admin thing. If they don't have a clue about it, then maybe start shopping for another host.

Use your browser to go to your_site.com/extras/curltester.php?authnet=1 and look at the page that it creates.

Then give that URL to your hosting company because they'll need it in order to see the error message (without having to create transactions on your website). They can use that same URL to test their fix too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Comm results: 60 SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    It's a server misconfiguration problem. Your hosting company will need to fix it. It has to do with certificate authority data in the PHP/CURL configuration. You don't need to be the expert on that. It's a server-admin thing. If they don't have a clue about it, then maybe start shopping for another host. Use your browser to go to your_site.com/extras/curltester.php?authnet=1 and look at the page that it creates. Then give that URL to your hosting company because they'll need it in order to see the error message (without having to create transactions on your website). They can use that same URL to test their fix too.
    Thank you, Dr. Byte! I just attempted to view that page myself before contacting the web host and I got this 404 error message: Not Found

The requested URL /extras/curltester.php was not found on this server. Is this a sign of another problem or is this what I should expect to see? I want to be sure before giving this to the web host as a means for trouble-shooting. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Thank you, Dr. Byte! I just attempted to view that page myself before contacting the web host and I got this 404 error message: Not Found

The requested URL /extras/curltester.php was not found on this server. Is this a sign of another problem or is this what I should expect to see? I want to be sure before giving this to the web host as a means for trouble-shooting. Thanks!
    Use your FTP program to look at the /extras/ folder on your server. What are the names of the files in that folder?
    Did someone delete the /extras/ folder from your server?
    What version of Zen Cart are you really using?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I get the same error with a default install of ZC; however, can prevent the error when the .htaccess file in the extras folder is modified to temporarily remove -ExecCGI from the bottom of the .htaccess file. It was explained to me before why this removal works/presence doesn't work, having to do with server setup and typically occurring in a shared hosting scenario, but the specific details I forget and also been unable to quickly find the thread with the associated details.

So if the file(s) still exist, there is a temporary solution, though I am not sure how long the files should remain unprotected by removal of -ExecCGI and leave that suggestion to others here. The file(s) could be copied/relocated to another folder to be made known to the hosting provider with the change made to the .htaccess in that folder, to all be deleted/restored upon resolution, or specific instruction provided to the host on how to also overcome the issue, but certainly verify the conditions suggested above as the absence of the files owould certainly cause the error seen.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Use your FTP program to look at the /extras/ folder on your server. What are the names of the files in that folder?
    Did someone delete the /extras/ folder from your server?
    What version of Zen Cart are you really using?
    This is a fresh install of v1.5.3.

I used the authorizenet_aim.php file from v1.5.4 after it was suggested in this thread.

The website is on shared hosting.

The extras folder contains these files:

• .htaccess
    • curltester.php
    • htaccess-for-page-not-found-redirects.php
    • index.html
    • ipncheck.php

BTW, thanks, mc12345678, for the temporary fix idea. Fortunately, the circumstances are such that I don't have to turn to that...just yet.

Thanks to everyone for sticking with this to help me get it resolved.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast