Plugin Contributions

Default Not Receiving Emails. Using Google With Our Domain

We recently moved host to a linux server.

We are using Google mail with our @domain email address.

We are not receiving the create account, order confirmation, or contact us form submissions. And the customer is not receiving order confirmation emails.

If I copy myself at my personal email, we get the order confirmations and new account creations...

Using my mail client, I can send mail from our account to our account no problem.

any help?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14886[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not Receiving Emails. Using Google With Our Domain

Are you using Google Corporate Email? Or are you trying to use a personal Google Email address?

If you are using Google Corporate Email, try setting "emails must send from a known domain" to true.

NOTE: Be aware most email servers will ignore or reject your emails if the sender is @example.com and the email server is @domain.com. These need to match (or have correctly configured SPF records).
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

I actually had old MX settings and it is working fine now.. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You've got it set to "PHP" as Email Transport method, so emails are going out via the config settings in php.ini, which almost certainly will cause the emails to be dropped into a blackhole.

If you want to properly tell ZC to use your SMTPAUTH settings, you need to set Email Transport to SMTPAUTH.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by reelgrimm View Post
    I actually had old MX settings and it is working fine now.. Thanks
    While "PHP transport" will work as long as "php.ini" is correctly configured and all DNS records (including SPF) are correct...

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You've got it set to "PHP" as Email Transport method, so emails are going out via the config settings in php.ini, which almost certainly will cause the emails to be dropped into a blackhole.

If you want to properly tell ZC to use your SMTPAUTH settings, you need to set Email Transport to SMTPAUTH.
    DrByte has a better answer. Unless you switch to "SMTPAUTH transport" the "SMTP Email" options are not used. Using SMTPAUTH will be easier to maintain and troubleshoot (and help avoid potential SPF and/or domainkey issues).
    Last edited by lhungil; 20 Jan 2015 at 07:14 PM.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    While "PHP transport" will work as long as "php.ini" is correctly configured and all DNS records (including SPF) are correct...
    Yes, and you probably already realize this, but just to be clear: using "PHP transport" will still NOT send authentication credentials even if php.ini is set to use smtp. The SMTPAUTH credentials will ONLY be used if Transport is set to SMTPAUTH

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I had this issue with a zencart installation where the host blocks the ports to use SMTP with gMail or Google Apps For Business.

The "workaround" I devised was this:

1) Create a forwarding email, in cPanel for an email address
    2) Use that email address as the email "from" in your zencart installation
    3) Use the standard php transport function
    4) In gmail create an alias for the forwarder so you can send emails as that email address.

This will make it transparent to your customer that you are CustomerService (at) yourdomain (dot) com or anything you choose