Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Plugin Contributions

Default Session Timeout on Return from EPath

I had posted this under a thread I had with 1.5.7 zen cart problems but I did not get any response so I guess that was the wrong place so I will try this way.

The problem started right after upgrading to 1.5.7 and the epath module was updated. Scott has said the problem is not caused by the changes made to the module.

I an seeing an intermittent problem with epath payments getting a zen cart session timeout when the customer returns to the site. There are no errors generated in the debug log for this problem and I have been unable to duplicate it from my machines.

I was able to walk through with a customer having the problem repeatedly and here is what happened.

He placed his order and went through the payment screens and selected epath. Epath came up the necessary information was filled out and he clicked the finish. The Epath please wait screen came up returning him to the site, he saw the site but got a Whoops your session has timed out message and it put him back in his shopping cart.

I am seeing multiple customer orders with multiple epath payments coming through, some abandon the carts others finally get the order to complete. I have talked to several frustrated customers that told me they got a timeout but I did not have the specifics that the timeout was the cart until working with the customer today.

Any help in resolving this issue would be very much appreciated

Information requested for new post
    Site URL www.shirtcrazy.com and others
    ZC Version 1.5.7
    Plugins epath, paypal express, recover cart, Google merch feed and sitemap.xml
    PHP 7.4.8

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Session Timeout on Return from EPath

I don't think this has anything to do with v157.

I think it's related to changes made by browsers (particularly Chrome 84) regarding samesite cookie enforcement rules, vs processing payments via another website.

I think applying the change described here will help:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....44#post1373144

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Session Timeout on Return from EPath

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I don't think this has anything to do with v157.

I think it's related to changes made by browsers (particularly Chrome 84) regarding samesite cookie enforcement rules, vs processing payments via another website.

I think applying the change described here will help:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....44#post1373144
    Right, as identified in post #60 of this thread, ePath requires the samesite cookie set to none;secure.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567