Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default White page with zc_install

Hey, is there any help to get aboud my installasion problem,Im try to install Zencart 1,5,4 true Filzilla to my puplic-html folder and I did
    everithing rigth from start and change permission one the rigth folders and rename configure.php and when I go to http://www.friola.no/zc_install/index.php in my browser I get white page, no error message, just white page. Before that I get first this pages belov.
    Can this have anithing to do whith my PHP configuration in cpanel, becose I make new database and user and full ########## to database, username and pass is correct so what can be wrong her.

Olaf

PHP 5.4.35

You are seeing this page for one or more reasons:

This is your first time using Zen Cart® and you haven't yet completed the normal Installation procedure.
    If this is the case for you, Click here to begin installation.

Your /includes/configure.php and/or /admin/includes/configure.php file contains invalid path information and/or invalid database-connection information.
    If you recently edited your configure.php files for any reason, or maybe moved your site to a different folder or different server, then you'll need to review and update all your settings to the correct values for your server.
    Additionally, if the permissions have been changed on your configure.php files, then maybe they're too low for the files to be read.
    Or the configure.php files could be missing altogether.
    Or your hosting company has recently changed the server's PHP configuration (or upgraded its version) then they may have broken things as well.
    See the Online FAQ and Tutorials area on the Zen Cart® website for assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: White page with zc_install

What are the contents of your includes/configure.php file (without database credentials)? Above said renamed configure.php, what do you mean by that? There is no renaming of the file itself...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm guessing your server has xcache enabled, and it's tripping an error.

Can you make the small change described here: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...53#post1268753 and try zc_install again.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for replay, I came litle bit further after change the the index.php As you sugguest my to do, but when I come to database setup I get this error
    Connection to database faliet
    About changhing configure.php, I only change it from dist-configure.php to configure.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
    Thanks for replay, I came litle bit further after change the the index.php As you sugguest my to do, but when I come to database setup I get this error
    About changhing configure.php, I only change it from dist-configure.php to configure.php
    The dist-configure.php file is provided as a reference about the contents expected in a configure.php file.

If this is your first time installing ZC, may I suggest the following reference, and also to expedite things from this point to rename the current includes/configure.php file back to dist-configure.php and run zc_install to have the system create the file for you.

http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...stall-zen-cart
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If the connection to the database is failing, then you supplied an invalid combination of database name, username, password.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ok. bud can I delete my username in cpanel and make new user and password without to delete database?.

When I come to Zen Cart® Setup - System Inspection, I se ther is one yellow line ther, PHP Output Buffering (gzip) = OFF
    does this have anything to do whith my problem.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

can I delete my username in cpanel and make new user and password without to delete database?.
    Yes. The MySQL page in cPanel allows you to delete and create users, and assign those users to the database.
    If you didn't assign that user all permissions to the database, then it won't be able to connect, even if you give the right username+password.
    When I come to Zen Cart® Setup - System Inspection, I se ther is one yellow line ther, PHP Output Buffering (gzip) = OFF
    does this have anything to do whith my problem.
    No

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that,

Plugin Contributions

Ok, last time before I delete and start all over, I have this error in my errorlog,
    client denied by server configuration: /home/friolopa/public_html/includes/filenames.php
    what does that mean,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast