Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Duplicate orders in 1.5.3

I removed the SBA from the cart on Friday and waiting to see if we get any more duplicates - none over the weekend.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

SAme problem here . Button pressed only once, no SBA. Intermittant duplicate orders. Some are charged twice, some not. Some just 2 or 3 duplicate orders with only 1 charge. Using payflow pro 1.3.9 on zen cart 1.5.4

Any ideas welcomed?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wootoot1234 View Post
    SAme problem here . Button pressed only once, no SBA. Intermittant duplicate orders. Some are charged twice, some not. Some just 2 or 3 duplicate orders with only 1 charge. Using payflow pro 1.3.9 on zen cart 1.5.4

Any ideas welcomed?
    Having the exact problem. Again, any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

I think it's also worth noting that it might not be specifically a Zen Cart issue, as I am seeing duplicate form submissions on PERL based form handlers as well.

Plugin Contributions

check this thread:

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....e-Orders/page2

are you having email issues? the lag in sending an email can screw up the order process and cause the customer to resubmit...

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

I think this might be more of a buyer-side mobile device error. I upgraded from 1.3.9h the end of March and started utilizing a responsive template for the first time. I have had two duplicate orders with single payments since then. The first order was on Verizon, where I could see the IP address changed during checkout. The second buyer was using a satellite IP service - the IP started as "172.243.75.61", then switched to "172.243.75.61 - 172.243.75.61".
    My site is low volume, so maybe someone with multiple occurrences can prove my theory?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by VDecalS View Post
    I think this might be more of a buyer-side mobile device error. I upgraded from 1.3.9h the end of March and started utilizing a responsive template for the first time. I have had two duplicate orders with single payments since then. The first order was on Verizon, where I could see the IP address changed during checkout. The second buyer was using a satellite IP service - the IP started as "172.243.75.61", then switched to "172.243.75.61 - 172.243.75.61".
    My site is low volume, so maybe someone with multiple occurrences can prove my theory?
    Nice piece of detective work, @VDecalS! I'm sure that the information you supplied will be an aid in determining the solution to this issue.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    check this thread:

are you having email issues? the lag in sending an email can screw up the order process and cause the customer to resubmit...

good luck!
    carlwhat,

We're not having email issues that I've noticed, but I do have a question for you. We're not using SMTP fields under Configuration >> Email Options. Iffn' I fill in those fields, do you think this may help the order process grease through with a little less lag?

Much Obliged!

Plugin Contributions

digipete,
    are you saying you have a lag in the order process in addition to having intermittent duplicate orders? if so, my experience tells me its probably the email. see this other thread:

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....49#post1302349

the easiest way to see if sending emails is what is causing the lag (and i think it would either be that or the payment selection), is to turn emails off, and place a test order and compare that to a test order with emails turned on. i have a feeling that you will decrease the lag greatly. and if you have a great lag, then my opinion remains that the email is failing, the customer gets a weird message, the customer reloads the page, and then you have your intermittent duplicate orders. you see ZC creates the order, sends the email, and THEN clears the cart. so if the sending of email fails, you already have 1 order, but the customer's cart has not been cleared. if they resubmit the form, you will get a second order.

as far as the email configuration settings, you have to play and see which ones work best for you. the SMTP fields are only necessary if you select SMTPAUTH as your method of sending.

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by VDecalS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Nice piece of detective work, @VDecalS! I'm sure that the information you supplied will be an aid in determining the solution to this issue.
    I've had another instance of this (I'm using 1.5.5 responsive template) from a repeat buyer. Can anyone else see IP changes on duplicate orders?

Duplicate Request [L_LONGMESSAGE0] => A successful transaction has already been completed for this token.
    ViaSat, Inc. connection changed during processing. IP address began 172.243.75.61 ended as 172.243.75.61 - 172.243.75.61
    Only ONE payment processed.
    My store - closed 12/05/2023
    1.5.7d (upgraded from 1.5.7b), clone a template (cloned Responsive Classic Template), Sitemap XML v4.0, Square WebPay, PayPal Express Checkout, PHP Version: 7.4.29 (Zend: 3.4.0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast