Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade and an empty store.

Upgraded from 1.5.1 to 1.5.4

I thought I followed the directions pretty well. I backed up my database and pointed a new installation of Zencart to it during the install procedure. I chose update rather than install. During the update, about 6 error messages occurred because some tables already existed. I deleted the zc_install directory and renamed the Admin directory. I was able to log in and change my password. When I got into the store, I have a completely blank installation. No products, no customers, etc. I checked my database to make sure I did not overwrite it, even though I know I did not and it is intact.

I think the config files look okay. Only the includes/config.php seems to point to the new database though. Not sure where else to look, but it seems obvious that it is not connecting to the database.

Where should I start?
    Last edited by Rick5150; 4 Feb 2015 at 09:34 PM. Reason: added version numbers

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade and an empty store.

Note: I meant includes/configure.php and also the admin/includes/configure.php points to the new database as well.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What's DB_PREFIX in /includes/configure.php on both stores? make the new one the same as the old one. Repeat for admin. Next time do it in zc_install when it asks for the prefix.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

They are the same. For some reason my database imported all the table names, but they were empty. I re-imported them and got the information back, but the site information and template and stuff are not there. This is a bigger hassle than I expected - at least for my capabilities : )

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rick5150 View Post
    This is a bigger hassle than I expected
    I'm surprised at it too, because of the hundreds of upgrades I've done, it's always the prefix that's caused "an empty store".
    The only "hassle" I've encountered is when there are lots of custom code changes for specific functionality, and that's PHP stuff, not "data".

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rick5150 View Post
    but the site information and template and stuff are not there
    When you say "site information", are you referring to your products and product images? Or something else?

For product images, you'll of course need to copy your /images folder from the old site to the new one.

For "template and stuff", if your store was using a custom/purchased/downloaded template, but you haven't created that template on the new site, then it of course won't show. The solution there is to install a compatible template and customize as necessary, or upgrade a copy of your existing template by doing a full comparison on all the files and merging all code updates into it.

Plugin Contributions

Just to follow up to this, for whatever reason, my database import copied the tables but did not populate them. I re-installed the database on top of itself and the second time it "took". Thank you for your help. I do not know what happened, but I am all set now.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Cool. Thanks for clarifying.