Plugin Contributions

Default Install black_pure on V154, layout Box controller does not work

Installed this template (black_pure) on V154, try to turn off some side box from Tool-- layout Box controller, it does not work, any one can help, is this template only work on V151.

Thank you.

Mike

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Install black_pure on V154, layout Box controller does not work

Quote Originally Posted by mikehw View Post
    layout Box controller, it does not work
    While I have no personal experience with the template you mentioned, I do know that saying "it does not work" is akin to saying "I can't see" and not telling us that it's because you've got your eyes covered.

Please explain what exactly you mean by "it does not work".

Further, if your template is marked as compatible with only 1.5.1 and not 1.5.4, have you asked its author whether there is an update?
    Is there an existing support-thread for that template, where you could explain the symptoms you've got and ask for help from those who are already talking about it?

Just a few ways in which you can help us help you.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, DrByte

Sorry for that incomplete info., i was install Zencart V1.5.4 and a Free template called black_pure_free, i went to Admin page, tools>layout_boxes_controller while i want to shut off some side box for example "Who's online", when i switch "sideboxes/whos_online.php" status on "OFF", that side box still show on the page, all of the side box out of control by tools>layout_boxes_controller .

My current site run on V139 with the same template, it works perfect and the side box fully controlled through tools>layout_boxes_controller .

This plugin shows compatible with v1.3.9, v1.5.0, v1.5.1 , may be i need to take your suggestion to contact to the author for that issue.

Thank you again for your help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm guessing you didn't follow the upgrade instructions to preserve the data from your store, else the layout boxes settings (stored in the database) would already be set the same as your live store whose data you imported.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Finally found the problem, it was different database that used at admin and store front, don't understand why it happened but at least resolve the issue.

Thank you for the assistance.