Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Edit order (orders.php) is blank after upgrade from 1.3.9h to 1.5.4

Hi Guys,

I have spent quite a bit of time trying to solve this one, tried looking for logs, winmerge to compare files (didn't go that well; a lot of differences so that route didn't show me a solution), here is what I got, if you have any ideas please share.

Zen Cart 1.5.4
    Database Patch Level: 1.5.4
    v1.5.4 [2015-02-01 06:26:59] (Version Update 1.5.3->1.5.4)
    v1.5.3 [2015-02-01 06:26:45] (Version Update 1.5.2->1.5.3)
    v1.5.2 [2015-02-01 06:26:27] (Version Update 1.5.1->1.5.2)
    v1.5.1 [2015-02-01 06:25:43] (Version Update 1.5.0->1.5.1)
    v1.5.0 [2015-02-01 06:23:03] (Version Update 1.3.9->1.5.0)
    v1.3.9h [2011-03-14 20:23:14] (Fresh Installation) (Simple Scripts)
    Done following the upgrade procedure in this Forum using the upgrade tool.

Server OS: Linux 3.12.32.1415814620
    Database: MySQL
    HTTP Server: Apache
    PHP Version: 5.2.17 (Zend: 2.2.0)

No plugins/addons installed

Don't have logs other than the upgrade procedure where all reads "OK" after each line.

Basically what happens is when I am in the admin area in the customer's orders page and click edit it opens the page brings the header and drop down menus but the rest is blank. All works in the store and admin as far as I have seen, even the packing list and Invoice options work, only the edit page does not.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Edit order (orders.php) is blank after upgrade from 1.3.9h to 1.5.4

Quote Originally Posted by gti_suzuki View Post
    PHP Version: 5.2.17
    1. The BEST fix is to upgrade your PHP to a modern version. Yours was retired many years ago. PHP 5.4 is the minimum you should be using "today".

2. In the meantime, you can try these 2 small changes:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...04#post1270404
    http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...33#post1268233
    But you REALLY should get your host to upgrade your PHP, or have them tell you how you can do it for yourself.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

DrByte,

Thanks! opening you forum and finding a good answer is priceless!!

I do use BlueHost so I can do just that, but please help me select from the additional extensions options what should I select, here is the list they show when I want to select the latest 5.4 version:

PHP 5.4 (FastCGI)
    All files with the extension .php will be handled by PHP 5.4 FastCGI processes.
    FastCGI for PHP makes all your PHP applications run through mod_fastcgi instead of mod_suphp. This eliminates the overhead of loading the PHP interpreter on every hit. Since it is always in memory ready for the next hit, the responses will be generated faster.
    Additional extensions available for Installation:
    Http
    Magick Wand
    Mail Parse
    OAuth
    OCI8
    Upload Progress
    IonCube
    SourceGuardian

Thanks in advance!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Additional extensions available for Installation:
    Http
    Magick Wand
    Mail Parse
    OAuth
    OCI8
    Upload Progress
    IonCube
    SourceGuardian
    Zen Cart doesn't need any of those extensions.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Super thanks!! trying it right now.

Plugin Contributions

Hi there,

Just did the upgrade now it shows:

PHP Version: 5.4.34 (Zend: 2.4.0)

But still the problem is present. I need to clarify that my page is not blank after log in, all seems to work in my admin area, it is only when I click on edit to edit an order (orders.php)

Any ideas what to do next?

Plugin Contributions

Make sure the correct path is configured for the log files and is writable by the webserver. Usually with a partially blank page (under PHP 5.3.7+) an error log will be generated.

May also be worth using a tool such as Beyond Compare or WinMerge to see if (and how) your store (especially the admin folder) differs from a "clean" download of Zen Cart.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

orders page and click edit it opens the page brings the header and drop down menus but the rest is blank
    1. Is it the COMPLETE set of menu options? Or is a particular option missing?

2. If you click View Page Source in your browser, what's the last 10 lines of HTML that it's sent to the browser?

3. A partially blank page usually means PHP stopped executing, typically because it encountered an error.
    As long as the /logs/ folder is writable, it will write the actual PHP error to a file in the /logs/ folder, so you can use that information for debugging. Explained: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

4. As lhungil has pointed out, what are all the differences in the files in your (renamed) /admin/ folder vs the original Zen Cart distribution files in the /admin/ folder?

5. What plugins/addons/mods have you done to your site? Which of those is interfering?

Plugin Contributions

I will be comparing and uploading to make sure all files are there complete.

Meanwhile, where is the path for the logs configured?

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

in your configure.php files there is a define for DIR_FS_LOGS
    If the define is missing then the system automatically calculates it to be the /logs/ folder in the same place where your /cache/ folder (and all other main zen cart folders) are located.
    But if you've defined it to something invalid, then fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast