Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default cannot login to admin, forgotten pw link only sends useless email

Hi, I forgot the admin password after I had to change it after 90 days. Wrote it onto some paper which then disappeared. When I click on the forgotten password link I only get send a useless email saying: TEXT_EMAIL_MESSAGE_PWD_RESET
    which is not a link. How can I get back into my admin? Thank you for any help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: cannot login to admin, forgotten pw link only sends useless email

Quote Originally Posted by wenez View Post
    TEXT_EMAIL_MESSAGE_PWD_RESET
    First, you need to fix your language-files problem which is causing you to get "that useless" message.
    That series of uppercase words is called a "constant", and it's appearing there instead of its defined value because you've deleted the "define" statement for it from your language files.
    Ref: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...rcase-words%29

Best course of action:
    Use Winmerge or BeyondCompare to compare all of YOUR /admin/includes/languages/english/*.php files against the original Zen Cart /admin/includes/languages/english/*.php files, and put back any lines that have been incorrectly removed from those files, and any files that have been mistakenly deleted.

I suspect you've got more than just one file damaged, and/or you're using a non-english language pack that doesn't have all the defines in it ... in which case you need to add all the missing ones.

Once you've done that you can request a new reset email, and it will work properly again, and let you back into your admin.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

*** Beaten to the punch line ***
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

thank you so much for your quick reply, sensei. I will let you know if I get back into my admin.: smile:

Plugin Contributions

I think I installed the german language pack wrong. I have one path: MyDomain/MyAdminName/MyAdminName/includes/languages/german and there is no folder english. Also I have the path: MyDomain/MyAdminName/includes/languages/ and in there I have the folder english and german. What do I need to do, to fix this?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart comes with these language files and folders:
    /admin/includes/languages/english.php
    /admin/includes/languages/english/(many files).php
    /includes/languages/english.php
    /includes/languages/english/(many files).php

Your german language pack should have the same:
    /admin/includes/languages/german.php
    /admin/includes/languages/german/(many files).php
    /includes/languages/german.php
    /includes/languages/german/(many files).php

For any of the german files that didn't come with your language pack, you can copy the english file as a start.
    And then do as I said and compare every file that came with your language pack against its corresponding english equivalent, and make sure any missing defines are copied over. You can translate later, or right away, whichever you like.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Sensei,
    I am back in my admin. Now I would like to find out how I can update to the newest version. My shop is hosted by Dreamhost and I installed it with their one click install. I have no idea how to update now. Any hints would be great. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Zen Cart comes with these language files and folders:
    /admin/includes/languages/english.php
    /admin/includes/languages/english/(many files).php
    /includes/languages/english.php
    /includes/languages/english/(many files).php

Your german language pack should have the same:
    /admin/includes/languages/german.php
    /admin/includes/languages/german/(many files).php
    /includes/languages/german.php
    /includes/languages/german/(many files).php

For any of the german files that didn't come with your language pack, you can copy the english file as a start.
    And then do as I said and compare every file that came with your language pack against its corresponding english equivalent, and make sure any missing defines are copied over. You can translate later, or right away, whichever you like.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I wrote this article to explain the process, and the article includes links to other articles which explain some of the concepts in greater detail:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

If you have questions about upgrading I recommend starting a new thread, since that will be a different topic than "can't login to admin and forgotten pw sends useless email" ;)

Plugin Contributions

I just upgraded from 1.5.1 to 1.5.4 Everything seems to have worked properly except the passwords.
    I have set the password to 351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b Which works fine when I log in from the old site v1.5.1.

However when I log in from the new (test) site it changes that password in the database to $2y$10$GBafv1A0lYqgZvPK2hhUG.wfjmz8/pWliHUe1t4eHXnWAON5xb93u It lets me in to the index.php file but after I log in I cannot log in a second time without resetting the password. Then we start the process all over again. I can't for the life of me figure out why it keeps changing the password in version 1.5.4 but then not let me log back in with that password.

Once the password has been changed by v 1.5.4 I can no longer log in on the old 1.5.1 site. But if I reset the password I can log in and out as many times as I'd like from 1.5.1.

PHP Version: 5.4.38 (Zend: 2.4.0)
    Database: MySQL 5.5.40-36.1

Plugin Contributions

So without hearing back from anyone I created another new install on a new database. Everything works great. Takes what looks to be the old password algorithm and changes it to the new algorithm when I log in. I can still log in and out with no problem. How come this won't work on the existing database. Did the database upgrade not take all the changes? Do I have a corrupt file somewhere? Possibly both?

I just copied the password from the newly installed database to the existing store database and it still won't allow me to access the admin page with the upgraded database. Yet that same password lets me into the newly created database on the newly created site.

Going back a post when I said I upgraded that was database upgrade only. I did a fresh install of 1.5.4 files and used zc_install to upgrade the database.
    Last edited by southshorepizza; 28 Feb 2015 at 05:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast