Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Multiple products choices on same listing

Hello everyone, I tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for. Sorry if this has been covered already.

Is there a way to add multiple products to the same listing? From my understanding, if I sold t-shirts, I could use attributes to choose S,M,L,XG and/or the color. But this isn't what I want.

I would like a listing for, as an example, toilet paper. You click on the item and default is one roll (like the hotels use). Scrolling down, you see the option of 4 pack, 12 pack, 36 pack, 100pc case. All the options have add to cart buttons.

I've been looking at sites in the showcase section and haven't seen any sites with this so far. I'm starting to think it's not possible?

Thank you for any help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple products choices on same listing

Quote Originally Posted by Jenovee View Post
    Hello everyone, I tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for. Sorry if this has been covered already.

Is there a way to add multiple products to the same listing? From my understanding, if I sold t-shirts, I could use attributes to choose S,M,L,XG and/or the color. But this isn't what I want.

I would like a listing for, as an example, toilet paper. You click on the item and default is one roll (like the hotels use). Scrolling down, you see the option of 4 pack, 12 pack, 36 pack, 100pc case. All the options have add to cart buttons.

I've been looking at sites in the showcase section and haven't seen any sites with this so far. I'm starting to think it's not possible?

Thank you for any help.
    Are you wanting to be able to add multiple of say a 4 pack and a 100 pack at the same time? Otherwise, simply using price by attribute and a single dropdown that has each of your quantity in it would suffice. Each quantity would have it's own price that when selected would add that product (and quantity if quantity is to be provided) to the cart... If want to show multiple images one for each quantity type then they too could be incorporated... I forget what it's called but there is some sort of quantity by grid plugin that would allow entry of x product of whatever "size" is available to be added to the cart when pressing a single add to cart button.

Otherwise you could use a category to have your different products with an add to cart button and quantity adjacent. Thuse while looking at the category listing with one product at a time (each of it's own size), then could do an add to cart for all selected items (non-zero) or each item could be added independently...

Beyond that, when looking at a single product's info there typically is not some other method of purchasing a product.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Are you wanting to be able to add multiple of say a 4 pack and a 100 pack at the same time? Otherwise, simply using price by attribute and a single dropdown that has each of your quantity in it would suffice. Each quantity would have it's own price that when selected would add that product (and quantity if quantity is to be provided) to the cart... If want to show multiple images one for each quantity type then they too could be incorporated... I forget what it's called but there is some sort of quantity by grid plugin that would allow entry of x product of whatever "size" is available to be added to the cart when pressing a single add to cart button.

Otherwise you could use a category to have your different products with an add to cart button and quantity adjacent. Thuse while looking at the category listing with one product at a time (each of it's own size), then could do an add to cart for all selected items (non-zero) or each item could be added independently...

Beyond that, when looking at a single product's info there typically is not some other method of purchasing a product.
    Thank you for the reply. I will have a go at the attributes and see if I can figure out how to set it all up and whether it's what I'm looking for. I just set up the cart and it's my first time with Zen, so I'm still in a confused state about everything. lol!

When adding the various items to cart, they all have their own SKU, weight and price. If the attributes lets me define all the details, then it should work.

As for using the categories method. Let's say I have 10 different products with 5 different quantities each, all of the same type. Using this, when someone clicks on category "toilet paper" (versus category 'paper towels', etc) there would be a list of 50 items on the screen? Or would there be a list of 10?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jenovee View Post
    Thank you for the reply. I will have a go at the attributes and see if I can figure out how to set it all up and whether it's what I'm looking for. I just set up the cart and it's my first time with Zen, so I'm still in a confused state about everything. lol!

When adding the various items to cart, they all have their own SKU, weight and price. If the attributes lets me define all the details, then it should work.

As for using the categories method. Let's say I have 10 different products with 5 different quantities each, all of the same type. Using this, when someone clicks on category "toilet paper" (versus category 'paper towels', etc) there would be a list of 50 items on the screen? Or would there be a list of 10?
    Will have to get back to you with some FAQs to help sort out attributes (or someone else will as another Zen Cart helper), but if you went the route of having six products, one of each size/model, each with a quantity of five available, then when looking at the category view, they would see six products in the list... Regarding the unique sku, that too is something that the new version of Stock By Attributes (SBA) handles as it has a custom field to be able to capture that information if it is desired to have.

Plugin Contributions

Will have to get back to you with some FAQs to help sort out attributes (or someone else will as another Zen Cart helper), but if you went the route of having six products, one of each size/model, each with a quantity of five available, then when looking at the category view, they would see six products in the list... Regarding the unique sku, that too is something that the new version of Stock By Attributes (SBA) handles as it has a custom field to be able to capture that information if it is desired to have.
    Yes, I think I need to get a really good grasp on the attributes function. I will search around and see what I can learn.

I've been trying to find a store to show an example of what I want to do. But, for the life of me, I can't find any yet. Basically, all stores list products like this:

Snickers Bar - quantity of 1 --- this is one listing
    Snickers Bar - 2 bar pack -- this is one separate listing
    Snickers Bar - 12 bar pack -- this is one separate listing
    Snickers Bar - 120 bar full case -- this is one separate listing

So, when looking at this store, there's 4 separate listings just for this one Snickers bar. If you have a store with 1,000+ products, it could look really messy. I think I have an idea with using the attributes function. I will see if I can get it working.

Plugin Contributions

Hi again MC. Can you explain this to me ? If I have a product that comes in three sizes , how can I give each of those sizes an unique SKU (ideally,that would be a barcode). I'm looking at the new version of SBA and I just can't see how to do it.
    Hope I'm asking this in the right thread !

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cefyn View Post
    Hi again MC. Can you explain this to me ? If I have a product that comes in three sizes , how can I give each of those sizes an unique SKU (ideally,that would be a barcode). I'm looking at the new version of SBA and I just can't see how to do it.
    Hope I'm asking this in the right thread !
    May be better "served" on one of the SBA threads, but seems to be applicable to the direction of this one.

So, I don't know how much about attributes you know, so I'm going to try to explain the sequence given the above example. First off, if only considering size as something "unique" about ths product, then I would use the term single attribute. Though technically it is a single option name... Use of multiple attributes is a little more involved, but follows a similar process.

So, need to create/use an option name throughthe option name manager such as size. Identify the type of selector to use: ie. Dropdown, radio button, etc... Give it a name such as Size.

Then need to identify the values that the option name is to have through the option values manager. At minimum should have all the sizes that any such shirt can have: Small, Medium, and Large. Give them each a sort order (recommend 10, 20, and 30, respectively). It is also advised to add an option (sort order 0) that states something like please select a size. This last one will be made as a display only default selection so that when the product is displayed, the user must make a conscious choice of a size and thus also prevent/minimize accidental orders.

Then need to go to attributes manager and add the size option name and all desired option value sizes for that product... Okay so now have a product that has attributes (single option name with potentially multile option values).

Now it is off to SBA to address stock quantities and the unique identifier for each attribute.

Catalog->Stock by Attributes.

Find the product, add variants... From here you could add several variants with a single click, or you could add one at a time... If multiple at once, then only the quantity to be applied to all of them can be added. If one at a time, then all data can be added at once and the next variant added.

What you are wanting is to use the customid field to apply the unique SKU (which truly must be unique as compared to all other product in the table). So if adding one product at a time enter it when adding a variant, if adding multiple variants at a time, then when looking at the table like view, should be able to click on the customid field and it should become editable to enter the SKU and then clck save at the top or bottom of the screen...

Now as for display of the customid (SKU) there are some options in the stock configuration option window, but basically done... The selection of a sized t-shirt will have the SKU associated with it in place of any model information that may have been entered.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Mc , got it.I was overlooking that custom id field. I'll play around with this and see how it works with what I'm trying to achieve . If it was possible to successfully integrate Admin New Order , SBA , custom attribute id , and UPC/IPN product fields we would have a basic bar code scanner POS system for a shop that could share inventory with a website.
    Maybe I'm just dreaming !

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cefyn View Post
    Thanks Mc , got it.I was overlooking that custom id field. I'll play around with this and see how it works with what I'm trying to achieve . If it was possible to successfully integrate Admin New Order , SBA , custom attribute id , and UPC/IPN product fields we would have a basic bar code scanner POS system for a shop that could share inventory with a website.
    Maybe I'm just dreaming !
    Not s much dreaming, more like not understanding the underlying database structure. The UPC/IPN product fields are typically applied one-for-one against the product (some implement this by modifying the products table, others may make it possible to have multiple by creating a separate table that is against the product table and then have a separate "counter" to allow multiple to one.) The customid works in this way of one customid for each variant where multiple variants can be applied to one product.

The next thing admin new order, well, yeah it would need some type of "add-in" to interface with the SBA table when such table and data were present... Ideal to work in with that and Super Orders as well, but would require some custom coding more than likely taking from existing SBA code and possibly some from EP4 (verfication code of the presence of SBA and it's "capabilites".)

Plugin Contributions

I'll be showing my ignorance of how things work now,but all it really needs is for the admin catalog/ product search function to look in the customid column of the products_with_attributes_stock table . If I create a new order from admin and input the barcode in the search screen there, it will add the product to the order , when the barcode has been added in the Product UPC field on the product page . Would it not be relatively straightforward to get the search function to look in the customid column as well ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast