Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Winchester Black Responsive Template

After installing this template i cannot add any attribute values. When i try to insert i come up with WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again. any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

A little more information would be helpful like what version of Zen Cart and PHP you are using? Is there anything in the log file (myDebug)?

Plugin Contributions

I really love this template and I am using it on a revamped site (in testing stage) but I have a slight issue that I hope someone can help me with.

I am running zc1.5.4 with fresh install, as I couldn't get this to implement successfully on 1.5.5 on my test site. I also want to run the shopping cart in a sub directory as my main site is built in html and with lots of back links, so couldn't lose those. I have created my main site to look very much like this template and all is going well...however, on the main site I have a contact page already set up and do not require the contact page in the shopping cart as well.

My question is...the link in the header goes directly to the page in the shopping cart and all I want to do is change the link to go to my main contact page or remove the link entirely. I can get the footer 'contact us' to go to the external link but not the nav link. I have been through the files, but cannot seem to find the actual link to change. Hope someone can help

Plugin Contributions

No worries, after a bit of digging I finally found where I can edit the link. Simple when you know where to look. Looking forward to adding my products now

Plugin Contributions

I have a few questions:
    cart: 1.5.5f new install no addons yet
    link: http://kattskritters.com/store/

How to get rid of the text:
    1. in upper banner (both texts)
    2. in the banner text (tried deleteing the name in banner manager but it won't let me and obviously make green dot red took out the slide show entirely)
    3. take off the grey bar leaving only the dots in the lower right corner

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 7.36.35 PM.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  67.1 KB

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to bump this again but does anyone knnow how I can do the above on her new store. It is probably fairly simple but for the life of me all that I have thought to try will not let me.

Plugin Contributions

UPDATE on situation...I finally found where to get rid of top banner/text, YAY

I have gone to configuration/Carousel Featured Products/ set description to false and yet the description (I take it those are the wording on the banners) are still there.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
    UPDATE on situation...I finally found where to get rid of top banner/text, YAY

I have gone to configuration/Carousel Featured Products/ set description to false and yet the description (I take it those are the wording on the banners) are still there.
    Its been a few years since I used this template, but if memory serves:
    The text that appears is the title of each slide - the slides are in admin tools/banner manager - so there should be a group of slides with a group name of Homepageslide (or something like that). To have no text at all, simply delete the title of the individual slide. Or turn a slide off completely (or change the photo, or the sequence) right there in the Banner Manager.

The 'dots' on the right indicate that there are 5 slides turned on. If you add or subtract slides the number of dots will change accordingly.

If you are choosing to have no text at all in that lower bar you can disappear the bar in your css stylesheet - I forget what it is called but should should be able to identify it by using F12 and selecting to view that element. As I recall there is a level of transparency set for that bar and you can change it to 100% to make the bar disappear.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by soxophoneplayer View Post
    Its been a few years since I used this template, but if memory serves:
    The text that appears is the title of each slide - the slides are in admin tools/banner manager - so there should be a group of slides with a group name of Homepageslide (or something like that). To have no text at all, simply delete the title of the individual slide. Or turn a slide off completely (or change the photo, or the sequence) right there in the Banner Manager.

The 'dots' on the right indicate that there are 5 slides turned on. If you add or subtract slides the number of dots will change accordingly.

If you are choosing to have no text at all in that lower bar you can disappear the bar in your css stylesheet - I forget what it is called but should should be able to identify it by using F12 and selecting to view that element. As I recall there is a level of transparency set for that bar and you can change it to 100% to make the bar disappear.
    OK, yes I tried to remove the title text from the banner manager, but it will not let me, it says that it MUST have a title (not at all like versions1.3.9 would let us.

I found turning the dot to red does make it go away entirely but that is not what she wants.

I went in to change the names on the banners to match the images but that did not make it go away. I checked for sort order and they are all set to 0 so will try making them into an order to be seen.

Also I just discovered that the social media buttons at the bottom need to have the right link and not the creators links but I can't find the right file, I looked in all the css directory files, common files and template ones but maybe I was looking too hard and just don't see them...know what file to change it in?

Thank you

Plugin Contributions

Social media links are edited in 'Shared Connect' - under admin tools/footer - I think at bottom of list and it looks like a blank line in the menu. There was a problem in Picaflor's Responsive Sheffield Blue with editing these links - they turned to gobbedly gook and had to be changed directly in the database, but I don't recall having that problem in Winchester Black - should be able to edit them right in the tools menu.

The homepage slider is not same thing as Featured Products Carousel. The slides are defined in the banners manager. I'm not sure about removing the titles completely - I just customized to my own text. However I did vary the number of slides - the 5 dots in your screen shot indicate you have 5 slides active. Is this what you want/have your own custom images? If not you can turn them off in the banner manager main page - change status to red/off from green/on.

If the banner manager won't permit no-title, perhaps a short custom title that works with the slide content, or, find the css for the title and change color to transparent or display:none (?) Probably same for the dots if you want to keep multiple slides but no dots.

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast