Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Winchester Black Responsive Template

Quote Originally Posted by drm1963 View Post

Now if I can teach myself CSS and how to change just the link colors to

Black text or maybe leve it white but give it a Black background in the table would be the easiest fix!

Anyone out there willing to give me a hand PLEASE. As any changes I attempt effects the whole template not just the News Archive Table!

Here is the small amount of code form the STYLESHEET_NEWS_BOX_MANAGER.CSS file.

Can anyone assist me!

Code:
    #newsscrollbox ol { margin: 0; padding: 0; list-style-position: inside; }

#moreNewsDefault .news_header { font-weight: bold; padding-right: 0.3em; }
    #moreNewsDefault .newsContent { padding: 0.3em 0; }

#news-table { display: table; border-collapse: collapse; width: 100%; margin: 0.8em 0;}
    .news-row { display: table-row; border: 1px solid #444; }
    .news-heading { font-weight: bold; }
    .news-cell { display: table-cell; padding: 0.5em; border: 1px solid #444; }
    Supposedly the News Archive section will not work because :

Quote I pulled from an email I received on this same subject!
    UN-Quote

One simple CSS file dropped into the CSS folder of both templates and hopefully a small amount of CSS code and it is fixed in Winchester_black!!

The CSS file moved into the Winchester_responsive templates CSS folder fixed it !

Attachment 17931

Without actually playing around with it I think this is the right place to try, in red is what you could write for text color change:

#moreNewsDefault .newsContent { padding: 0.3em 0; color: #000000;}

#news-table { display: table; border-collapse: collapse; width: 100%; margin: 0.8em 0; color: #000000;}

Try one first then test out your page if that doesn't work then try the other one.

color: is usually for font color
    background-color: is usually for the color behind the letters...LOL

css is fairly simple to change color choices --on the other hand since .newsContent is grouped with the first one, it may have to be grouped by itself by just adding it separately and just removing the .newsContent from the other:

.newsContent { padding: 0.3em 0; color: #000000;}

Plugin Contributions

I can see where that is changing colors as you spoke of but I think I see what the difference is. I think the words in the right hand are links because they are one color until you hover over them and then if it is one you have visited before they are a different color in the Winchester_responsive and Responsive_classic templates.

I have found in the Stylesheet.css file on line 6 where this is controlled for the whole template as I can change colors there and it will effect it but it also does it for the whole site not just in the table. We are close but I have a bit more research to do I think.

I believe it effects the links for the complete site but here is that code from the stylesheet.css file.

Code:
    a:link, #navEZPagesTOC ul li a {color:#fff;text-decoration:none;}
    a:visited {color: #fff;text-decoration:none;}
    a:hover, #navEZPagesTOC ul li a:hover, #navMain ul li a:hover, #navSupp ul li a:hover, #navCatTabs ul li a:hover {color: #ff6938;}
    a:active {color:#fff;}

Plugin Contributions

I actually started playing with the Back ground colors as well as the back ground colors and I think what I have come up with will work just fine for me!

The way I tried earlier really did not to get it to look correct but then I started thinking about what you said about the back ground color and that did the trick. For me anyways!

I edited one line out of the code I had shown earlier

I changed this :
    Code:
    .news-cell { display: table-cell; padding: 0.5em; border: 1px solid #444; }
    to this

Code:
    .news-cell { display: table-cell; padding: 0.5em; border: 1px solid #444;background-color:000; }

and I went from this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2018-06-20 22.36.59.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	17935

To this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2018-06-20 22.37.40.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	17936

and as you can see it more closely matches the rest of the Winchester_black template!

This appears to work and I will continue to test it on my test server to see if it effect anything other than just the one table in the News_Archive!

So We just fixed what I was told by one of the people who developed the Template could not work with the News Archive. As far as I can tell we moved 1 CSS file and addone bit of Background color CSS to the file! STYLESHEET_NEWS_BOX_MANAGER.CSS that we moved earlier!

Quote I pulled from an email I received on this same subject!
    The News archive that you are talking about is not native zen cart fucntionality. It is an add on plugin. The template packages are compatible with any stable, properly installed plugins. If the plugin is not responsive then you will need to convert it to be responsive.
    Hopefully this will help someone else get this to function as it appears it should!!
    Tnak you for that bit of knowledge and assistance!

Plugin Contributions

Yuppers you dood it, I am very proud of you.

Now the only thing you did forget---and although it did not mess up with this one but maybe the others should you tackle any colors is to remember to ad the pound sign -- # before your color code. without it it may be reading it as transparent ( sometimes you can write transparent in there without the hex code) and that will allow the themes normal background color to be used.

I am disappointed in many of the templates we get to use from 1.3.+ to now and especially a lot of the responsive ones to cause the creator (s) say that since they are free they do not really help that much cause their PAID for ones are more important. I agree somewhat with that reasoning, since of course it is their livelihood however, if the free templates do not work right and they o not make the effort to at least come in for the problems then it leaves a bad taste and why would someone chance the paid for templates --- in case something goes wrong there and then you are charged a price for help after paying for the item to begin with.

Like 3d items if the free ones are not up to par they do not make sales unless the consumer knows how to fix the problem themselves. IMHO only...I unfortunately have never gotten this template to work since 1.3.9 and it is disappointing cause I love the darn thing and how it looks.

Feel free to send me a message if you need more css help, if I can help I will try to steer you in the right direction of where to try. I learned to do some changes in css the hard way and with the help of some of the members here too. Some go above and beyond.

Plugin Contributions

Thannk you again for the knowledge.
    I agree with you on the Free templates and the authors missing sales either because there is something in them that does not function or they care less about assisting anyone with fixing an issue. It is so much easier to say that something else is causing the issue and not my coding.

But anyways. I will double check to make sure I put the # sign in but if I did not I will do it now!

Thank you again!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Crooked_Halo View Post
    What the bloomin heck have I done then?! LOL!! I have installed IH and the adding of additional images works that way.
    I apologize for reviving something this old, but I ran into this same issue and discovered it was related to using PHP 7.1 . I checked the log and saw it was giving this error:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use string offset as an array in .../includes/modules/winchester_black/additional_images.php:120

Here is my fix to make it match the original /includes/modules/additional_images.php:

winchester_balck/additional_images.php
    line 69 - must be changed
    -FROM-
    $list_box_contents = '';
    -TO-
    $list_box_contents = array();

Plugin Contributions

Has anyone else noticed and/or corrected this template's rendering for smaller tablets (e.g. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2)? Running with v2.8.30 of the Mobile_Detect class.

That tablet's viewport shows as 683 x 791 (https://viewportsizes.com/mine/) and renders full-width for landscape, but for portrait mode just shows the "hamburger" (clicking has no effect) without any of the account/login, search or shopping-cart elements displayed.

Plugin Contributions

I need some help with some coloring's:

On the main page how can I change the colors on "New Products for XXXX" and in the listing (Item Name & Price)?
    On the Product Page how can I change the colors on "Item Name, Price, Description, Details & Reviews?

Thanks,
    Wade

Plugin Contributions

Greetings all, I realize this template has been around awhile and I seem to be the first to post in a considerable time. I just installed Zencart after battling Opencart for a month and getting nowhere, and I confess a bit of "pre-exhaustion" has set in, I'm very pleased with Zencart and I absolutely love this template. I prepared and installed it as described in the readme, which is very comprehensive pleasant to use.

However, in my worn state of mind, I'm not sure It's working correctly with ZC 1.5.7b and I'm hoping there are some folks here that are still familiar with it. I don't seem to get much of a page. I have 1 test product setup and I can't seem to figure out how to anything to show up on the page. With the great documentation I easily updated the logo and blurbs on the header, but can't seem to get anything else to show on the page.

I had hopes of finding an operating Live Demo but can't get the Zenlyzen.com/xxxx live demo link to work on any template so not sure what I'm supposed to see at this point.

I can't get a screenshot to upload to this post but you can try the link https://t h e r c r v . c o m/Shop or I can send the screenshot to anywhere anybody may want.

I may need to go back to the default so at least I can try and accomplish something, so the WB template may not be there if you take a look.
    So, I guess at this point I have to settle at just finding out if there's some conflict between this template and ZC 1.5.7b. Unless somebody remembers what should display on a fresh Winchester Black template install..........Thank you in advance.

Plugin Contributions

I haven't tried this template on ZC v1,57 but it appears as though you have a partial page load - if you view the source of the page you can see, at the bottom, 'WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.'

As a starting point, check out this link in Docs, https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ng/blank_page/, especially the 'Working with Debug Logs' section.
    Simon

Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast