Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Winchester Black Responsive Template

Well, it doesn't appear as though this template works well on 1.5.7b. I base that on the obvious:
    1. Many have installed, as per very clear step by step instructions, as did I, with no problems.
    2. I am the only one, or so it seems, that has tried it on v1.5.7.b. I repeated the install as per those clear steps 3 times- (merge the images, includes and zcadmin folders) with no success.

This is the bebug msgs:
    #1 zen_call_function() called at [/home1/thercrv6/public_html/Shop/zcadmin/configuration.php:132]

-There's nothing on line 132 of the zcadmin/configuration.php -
    This is line 127 - 133
    127 }
    129 if (defined('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_STATUS') and ( MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_USERID == 'NONE' or MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_SERVER == 'test')) {
    131 $shipping_errors .= '<br />' . ERROR_USPS_STATUS;
    133 }
    (This may be an error in my USPS SETUP-going to finish this post and try without usps)

Next,
    #2 require(/home1/thercrv6/public_html/Shop/zcadmin/configuration.php) called at [/home1/thercrv6/public_html/Shop/zcadmin/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function 'zen_cfg_select_option(array('true', 'false'),' not found or invalid function name in /home1/thercrv6/public_html/Shop/zcadmin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1643.

1639 }
    1641 function zen_call_function($function, $parameter, $object = '') {
    1642 if ($object == '') {
    1643 return call_user_func($function, $parameter);
    1644 } else {
    1645 return call_user_func(array($object, $function), $parameter);
    1646 }

This last one would take me quite awhile to try and figure out, if ya'll have any input I'm more than all ears. If not, thank you for at least looking.

I noticed something else kind of strange:I cannot transfer MYSITE/Shop/includes/configure.php from my local to my host. I CAN transfer from the host to my local. Using Dreamweaver CS5.5 I get this:
    553 Can't open that file: Permission denied
    public_html\Shop\includes\configure.php - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put configure.php. Dreamweaver encountered an internal data error. Please try the operation again.

File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files with errors: 1
    public_html\Shop\includes\configure.php

I've never seen a file I can't transfer up before when I can transfer it down.

Now, before I have an Aneurysm, and for my own sanity, I'm not going to spend too much more time trying to figure this out and I'll roll back to the default....If I can figure out how to remove all the files replacements Winchester Black kidnapped. My guess is I'll have to remove and reinstall the whole thing an start over. I made a STUPID rookie mistake by backing the entire shop up to my local, but then the idiot in me syc'd the locl/remote wich overwrote my backup. Yup, I'm a dummy.

Thank you all for helping. You are a valuable resource and I appreciate ya.

Plugin Contributions

Well all, thank you for thinking about this, but stop there. I have abandoned Winchester Black and rolled everything back to sart over. It is my conclusion, and I'm no authority by any means, that this template doesn't work on v1.5.7b. For those going to try it, make sure you backup to a place you won't overwrite as I did. I had to uninstall and install a whole fresh package due to my stupidity in doing that because the template overwrites important files needed for the default template.
    While I think it unlikely, I hope that at some point what I went through will help another and if anybody ever figures out a way to make it work on v1.5.7b let me know. I really like the thing and will try it again if somebody smarter than me, (that's you) is able to figure it out. Thank you for reading me.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    Well, it doesn't appear as though this template works well on 1.5.7b.
    I'm not surprised. The template author hasn't updated it in awhile, and it makes extensive invasive changes to core code files which you need to merge together instead of replacing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimReaper View Post
    I noticed something else kind of strange:I cannot transfer MYSITE/Shop/includes/configure.php from my local to my host. I CAN transfer from the host to my local. Using Dreamweaver CS5.5 I get this:
    553 Can't open that file: Permission denied
    public_html\Shop\includes\configure.php - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put configure.php. Dreamweaver encountered an internal data error. Please try the operation again.

File activity incomplete. 1 file(s) or folder(s) were not completed.

Files with errors: 1
    public_html\Shop\includes\configure.php

I've never seen a file I can't transfer up before when I can transfer it down.
    Zen Cart marks the configure.php files read-only to prevent abuse by bad-actors. DW probably isn't smart enough to ask you whether you want it to attempt to change the file-permissions before trying to re-upload. You'll have to do that on the server first before re-uploading the file.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I found installation instructions, I suppose that they are the same for Winchester than for Sheffield.
    Is patch included in the latest version which I just downloaded?
    I will ask many questions later on, sorry for abusing your time and patience.

Plugin Contributions

This template was last updated on 14 Feb 2015, you're asking for trouble if you install it on zc158a.

Plugin Contributions

@picaflor-azul,
    I followed instructions for installation of sheffield blue, but they are for winchester, I suppose they are the same.
    Anyway, after completing all steps I got a blank page, which indicates a php error.
    Now I have to restore from backup.
    Please send correct instructions for sheffield-blue.

Plugin Contributions

Every item offered in the Plugins section has a date the item was uploaded.

If that date is prior to the release date of your current version, it is highly likely that the two are not going to be fully compatible.

Since you are installing a local testing server, you have the perfect environment to prove or disprove a particular plugins worthiness.

Looks like you found one already.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950