Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Manufacturers All About Support

This thread is for support of the Manufacturers All About v1.0 mod (about to uploaded to plugins).

Description

Manufacturers_All_About combines and updates two previous mods - Manufacturers All Listing and Manufacturers About - and is particularly useful for stores engaging, or wishing to foster relationships with, third-party manufacturers.

Manufacturers_All_About generates two new pages - one to display a listing of all manufacturers in database table manufacturers and the other to display certain information about individual manufacturers. Both pages can display links to the manufacturer's products in your store and to the manufacturer's website. This mod also interacts with the manufacturers and manufacturer_info sideboxes.

The Manufacturers All page is accessed via links inserted into the Categories and/or Manufacturers sideboxes, or by typing into your browswer address bar: http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php?...ufacturers_all.

The Manufacturers About page is accessed via the Manufacturers and Manufacturers_Info sideboxes, and the Manufacturers All page.

Admin configuration options are provided under Admin > Configuration > Manufacturers All About.

Page layouts invoke tableless responsive fluid design principles, allowing the pages to fit various screen sizes without forming horizontal scroll bars, all of which is now controlled by CSS.

Cheers
    Last edited by dw08gm; 16 Feb 2015 at 08:51 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Manufacturers All About Support

Could someone please change the title of this thread from

Manufacturer All About Support

to

Manufacturers All About Support

thanks

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

Hi dw08gm,

im currently working on a site that will feature hundreds if not thousands of "manufacturers", I do intend to change this to "Artists" so that I can give each relevant artist their own individual page showcasing their own individual artwork. The page would have a personal profile with picture, etc. Your plugin seems like the perfect mod for that purpose and just wondered if you can see any restraints or limitations, or if indeed this mod is suitable for my purpose. Thanks.

Regards

James

Plugin Contributions

Glad you asked. The mod does cater to such situations, although it does have limitations, like not having pagination to split up one long list into smaller (more managable?) pages.

I am currently working on an upgrade that includes:
    1. ability to display/not display individual manufacturers (done, but has glitches)
    2. ability to sort the display of individual manufacturers (done, but has glitches)
    3. ability to not display product link if manufacturer has no products in store (in train)
    4. pagination.
    5. upgrade similar to zc153 admin/banner_manager.php

However, with limited coding skills, I am just plodding along, and would need help in order to get the upgrade out sooner.
    Last edited by dw08gm; 26 Mar 2015 at 09:43 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick response! It all sounds very interesting and may be what I'm looking for. AmI right in thinking that the listing page, although it has no pagination as yet, could be styled even as single page? Also, would the about page differ greatly from the standard manufacturers products listing page that lists their products when their name is selected? one of my thoughts was to give each artist an EZ page but this seams like the long way round when I imagine it would far easier to just modify the original code to add say a profile picture or bio to the manufacturers product listing page. Forgive my ignorance, I'm very new to Zen, but does this mod work along side the manufacturers product listing page rather than altering that particular page itself?

i hope that post made some sense mate as I've kind of confused myself with it. �� lol

Plugin Contributions

The mod creates two pages as described in the readme.txt.

The manufacturers All page is currently a single page listing ie all manufacturers are displayed on the one page in column/row format. Each manufacturer is alotted limited space for name, image and three links below to about, products and url.

The manufacturers About page has provision for name, image, description (about...) and two links below to products and url. You do not need to created additional ezpages, but you can if you wish.

You are free to modify the code to your heart's content.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the info. I reckon I'll me making use of this mod in the very near future.

Plugin Contributions

Upgrade Version 1.1 added to plugins.

Changes include:
    fixed layout issues in admin manufacturers page
    added admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_new_manufacturer.gif
    added ID, status and sort_order columns to admin manufacturers page
    added facility to sort by ID, manufacturers_name, status and sort_order columns to admin manufacturers page
    added additional admin switches to Admin > Configuration > Manufacturers All About
    added extra language defines to admin/includes/languages/english/manufacturers.php
    added status function to admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/manufacturers_all_about_functions.php
    added status function to includes/functions/extra_functions/manufacturers_all_about_functions.php
    changed function zen_get_manufacturers_about to zen_get_manufacturers_info in includes/functions/extra_functions/manufacturers_all_about_functions.php
    added extra language defines to includes/languages/english/ manufacturers_about.php and manufacturers_all.php
    added status flags to manufacturers_all and manufacturers_about pages
    added provision to display something in manufacturer_all and manufacturer_about pages when links to manufacturer_about and manufacturer_URL are left blank
    added pagination code to tpl_manufacturers_all_default.php
    added placeholders in admin/manufacturers.php for manufacturers_metatags mod by lat9
    created new file includes/modules/manufacturers_all_listing_display_order.php to handle various manufacturers_all sort order display options
    changed optional text in /admin/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php to reflect addition of ID column in admin manufacturers page
    added manufacturers_status and manufacturers_sort_order fields to install.sql

cheers

Plugin Contributions

Upgrade upload suspended until problem with the pagination code in modules/pages/manufacturers_all/header_php.php is resolved. It seems that the 'splitPageResults' code does not play nicely with 'select distinct' and/or 'order by'.

Code:
    if (!MANUFACTURERS_ALL_EMPTY_SHOW) { // only display manufacturers with products
      $manufacturers_all_sql = "select distinct m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, m.date_added, m.manufacturers_sort_order, mi.manufacturers_url, mi.manufacturers_about 
    							  from (" . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m
    							  left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id
    							  left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p on m.manufacturers_id = p.manufacturers_id)
    							  where m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id
    							  and m.manufacturers_id = p.manufacturers_id
    							  and m.manufacturers_status = 1
    							  and (p.products_status = 1
    							  and p.products_quantity > 0) " . 
    							  $order_by;
    } else { // display all manufacturers
      $manufacturers_all_sql = "select m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_image, m.manufacturers_sort_order, mi.manufacturers_url, mi.manufacturers_about
    							  from (" . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m
    							  left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " mi on m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id)
    							  where m.manufacturers_id = mi.manufacturers_id
    							  and m.manufacturers_status = 1 " . 
    							  $order_by;
    }

// bof Pagination
    /*
    $manufacturers_all_split = new splitPageResults($manufacturers_all_sql, MANUFACTURERS_ALL_MAX_DISPLAY, 'm.manufacturers_id', 'page');

if ($manufacturers_all_split->number_of_rows > 0) {
      $manufacturers_all = $db->Execute($manufacturers_all_split);

while (!$manufacturers_all->EOF) {
        $rows = 0;
    */
    // eof Pagination

//replacing the above pagination code with the following two lines works but listing is without pagination
    $manufacturers_all = $db->Execute($manufacturers_all_sql);
    while (!$manufacturers_all->EOF) {

$manu_content .= '<div class="manuWrapper">';

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast