Plugin Contributions

Default Orders not showing in admin area

I am currently doing tech support on a zencart site for an old friend, she is having some issues with her site.

We recently transferred to a new server and database after a number of issues with our previous webhost, being stuck on 1.5.0 and not being able to take orders due to the old SSLv3 standard being decommissioned, the site seems to be up and running, however I received an email from her saying that she received a couple of orders yesterday, having received emails - one from the site itself and one from paypal saying that the payment had been received, yet there is no sign of the order in the admin backend. The new site is running 1.5.4

I'm kind of stumped as to why it is not showing - I saw some old comments about orders being delayed in showing up if the site uses Paypal Payments Standard, however she already uses Paypal Express Checkout.

Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Orders not showing in admin area

If you received the "new order" email from Zen Cart... Double check "/includes/configure.php" and "/admin/includes/configure.php" to make both point to the correct (and same) database (and same database prefix)...

How was the upgrade performed? Were new "configure.php" files generated by zc_install (using the same prefix as the older store installation)? Answers to the other questions found in the "Posting Tips"? The more information you can provide, the more likely a fellow user will be able to help.
    The glass is not half full. The glass is not half empty. The glass is simply too big!
    Where are the Zen Cart Debug Logs? Where are the HTTP 500 / Server Error Logs?
    Zen Cart related projects maintained by lhûngîl : Plugin / Module Tracker

Plugin Contributions

Ok, got that first issue solved, it was a problem with one of the configure.php files, but now a different issue has cropped up.

If someone has logged in and completes a transaction, even hitting the paypal express button, it charges the correct amount, but if someone goes and just completes a transaction without making an account and logging their shipping info, it does not charge them shipping. Any way to fix this, or disable express checkout for guests?

Plugin Contributions

Side note: As a short-term fix, I removed the express checkout button so that they have to go through the full checkout process, ensuring they get charged correct shipping.

Plugin Contributions

The shipping aspect (lack of shipping charge) would primarily deal with your shipping options and how they are setup and or your product setup. There is an option in paypal express to use the cheapest shipping by default which can be disabled requiring the customer to go through the shipping options.

Are you saying that a delivery address wasn't collected for said purchase? Regardless of account creation or otherwise, order fullfillment must be complete otherwise how do they receive their product? It sounds like something in that setup is incorrect. Does it happen for all product in that configuration ("guest")? Care to share the uri of a product that works and one that doesn't work correctly? What other plugins are/were installed? Anything like fast and Easy Checkout or COWOA or some other version of login/account modifier?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...