I am now on my 4th (yes 4th!!!) attempt to install Zen Cart. I managed to sort out the previous issues but now I get an error on installing. On the system inspection page I get a message which says:

PHP Session.Save_Path = SESSION_WRITE_DIRECTORY -->Unwriteable

It says that this is just a warning and not necessary a problem, but when I get to the next page I get a message saying "problem detected". It list 3 possible problems, first being time out (which seems unlikely), the second is "The server has no place to write its session files" and says to check that I have changed permissions on the "cache" which I have done. The third is:

"PHP sessions might not be functional on your server

In order to use Zen Cart®, you will need to be able to use the "session" capabilities of PHP. It could be that your server configuration is not currently allowing PHP sessions to start and interact properly. Also, if you have session cookies disabled in your browser, you will not be able to use PHP session support. Please turn off cookie-blocking tools in your browser and firewall as a precaution.

You may need to talk to your webserver administrator for assistance in ensuring that PHP sessions can be configured and used on your site."
I have checked browser settings but beyond that this is I have no idea.

Any suggestions??? I really don't want to have to start all over again.