Plugin Contributions

Default WARNING: Be careful if you try to download filezilla

Like the title says , I downloaded filezilla today from the filezilla website it then sent me to sourceforge and after it finished downloading binkiland had took control of all my browsers. I tried to uninstall with no luck and I ran a full scan with windows essentials and it showed nothing. now what

Looking at some videos on youtube they show how to tell it to stop taking over your browser but it seems to me like if you do that you will bacically leave it there and are no longer safe ???
    All of my wood is cut from recycled trees

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WARNING: Be careful if you try to download filezilla

I tried a system restore and it no longer shows in firefox or explorer but it still is there when you open chrome ?

Plugin Contributions

I think I have cleaned it.
    Google search shows people were complaining about it in filezillas forum 2 weeks ago and obivously nothing has been done.
    Are there other options that work well with Zencart?

Plugin Contributions

Are there other options that work well with Zencart?
    I only use Beyond Compare.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

I had that Binkiland garbage installed by a different program, without notice or the option to opt out.. It was easy enough to remove it from the browser home page settings and from Windows Add/Remove Programs, but if previously-legitimate software like Filezilla is treating its users that way, it's time to find another FTP program.

I use, and like, the FireFTP plugin for Firefox.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    .... but if previously-legitimate software like Filezilla is treating its users that way, it's time to find another FTP program......
    Nods in agreement!

Just do a Google search for 'blinkiland filezilla' (without the quotes) and up comes a host of complaints! Filezilla has just been eradicated from my (Linux) box.

Plugin Contributions

FireFTP works well and I believe supports FTPS and SFTP. Has been awhile since I have used it though.

Most IDEs support FTP and quite a few can also do FTPS and SFTP. I use these (or the native commandline tools / X file manager) quite often on Linux.

On Windows I tend to use WinSCP (FTP, FTPS, SFTP, and SSH-KEY auth for SFTP and SCP). Takes a little configuration (I prefer commander interface and linking folders), but is nice. Especially if you have SSH access to the remote server.

On Android, ES File Exporer is one of my favorites. Not often I am working from this platform, but sometimes is just faster for a small upload versus firing up my notebook.

Beyond Compare of course is one of the best of breed pieces of software (and lets you not only do FTP and FTPS, but also file comparisons). I know many who are very happy with the cost to feature ratio of this product.

Plugin Contributions

I had been using FireFTP for quite a few years, until our host renewed their internal, cPanel SSL a couple weeks ago. For some reason which no one has found resolution, FireFTP refuses to allow "accept an exception" to the certificate.

I was able to download FileZilla directly from SourceForge. There was a notice that you WOULD be OFFERED other 'stuff', similar to that when you update Acrobat or other popular applications. It was just a matter of unchecking the boxes on a couple of screens.

Now, IF I used the link to SourceForge from the FileZilla website (as the OP suggests), red bells, flags and whistles were set off by McAfee that the redirect was not safe. It did not go directly to SourceForge.

I want my FireFTP back.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com