Plugin Contributions

Default Free US shipping, Flat Rate International over $50, $5.00 Shipping under $50

The title says it all. We have introduced a third variable to our store and it is screwing up my life. We sell items that are over $50 and I had the store set to offer free shipping in the US, and a flat rate of $30 for any International shipping. All was good in the world.

Now we have introduced an item that costs $21 and I need to either ship for $5.00 or for free. I cannot figure it out, and the only thing that seems to get rid of the "Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time" message is the FREE SHIPPING module, but that changes the entire International order to free shipping regardless of price.

I want to offer this new product at either $5.00 shipping or free shipping - whichever is easier and faster as I do not want to lose an order because of this. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free US shipping, Flat Rate International over $50, $5.00 Shipping under $50

The fastest way is to mark the Product as Always Free Shipping and enable the shipping module FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper ... and now it is available for Free Shipping to everyone ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free US shipping, Flat Rate International over $50, $5.00 Shipping under $50

Thank you. I swear that shipping gets more confusing for me each time.

Okay, so that is the easiest way and it will get me the order. After that, I would like to charge $5.00 for shipping for $21 item. And $30 for everything over $50 that is not patches.
    Last edited by Rick5150; 26 Feb 2015 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Too Stupid To Read Instructions

Plugin Contributions

What should happen if 4 patches are in the cart?

What should happen if 1 patch and 1 jacket is in the cart?

What should happen if 4 patch and 1 jacket is in the cart?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

What should happen if 4 patches are in the cart?
    Due to the light weight of the patches it would be $5.00 regardless of the amount of patches. That is not too much of an issue.

What should happen if 1 patch and 1 jacket is in the cart?
    One patch shipping of $0.00 plus $30 shipping for jacket.

What should happen if 4 patch and 1 jacket is in the cart?
    Four patch shipping of $0.00 plus $30 shipping for jacket.

This is the one that could get interesting.
    What should happen if 1 patch and 4 jackets is in the cart?
    Still no patch shipping costs, but I would like to have at least 2 tiers for jackets. Maybe <= $600 would cost $30 and >$600 would be $50. I have to work these rates out, but I expect the methodology is the same and I just change the cost once I do so.
    Last edited by Rick5150; 27 Feb 2015 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Used wrong rates

Plugin Contributions

For International, why don't you use Table Rate table instead and set it to Price and use for the rates:
    49.99:5.00,599.99:30.00,10000:50.00
    This will make 1 or 2 patches $5.00, anything at $50-599.99 would be $50.00 and anything at $600 or more would be $50.00 ...

Set your Zone on it for International and the US will not see it ...
    Linda McGrath