Plugin Contributions

Default Simplified Social Share Plugin Help

Hi,

I have just installed the Simplified Social Share plugin on my site which is using v.1.5.5.e Everything has gone well, I have run the sql statement and made the changes and reuploaded the tpl_main_page.php file to /MyTemplate/common folder.

There are no errors in the Logs folder, but after completing the settings and saving them in the Admin panel under Modules ->Simplified Social Share the share buttons do not appear on any pages. I have selected for them to appear on All Pages (actually all boxes are checked) and have turned off horizontal view and enable vertical view on the right side of the page.

I have double checked my upload of files from this plugin to my site to insure I have not missed uploading one of the files and everything is there.

I am obviously doing something wrong and would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction so that these icons show.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simplified Social Share Plugin Help

Haven't used that plugin, but everytime someone talks about adding social sharing, AddToAny seems to be the more reliable and less spammy approach to take. There's a plugin for that at https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2010

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simplified Social Share Plugin Help

Thanks very much for your reply and link to the AddToAny plug in Dr. Byte. I will check it out and give it a try.

Much appreciated,

Jeff