Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure

Hello
    I have to say that ZenCart is one of the most stable products that I have used. I am in no way a computer person and usually I can fix small things. I have looked through the threads and I see other people have had this problem.

An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (35) error:14094410:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert handshake failure

Unfortunately I don't understand how to fix this. My website is completely down. Can someone explain to me in regular speak on how to fix this?

I really appreciate your help!

thanks
    Donna

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal not working

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...yment-security

It's a good idea to subscribe to the Release Announcements.

Plugin Contributions

thank you so much for this. I have always been scare to do an upgrade. Is there anything that I should do or know before I do this upgrade?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Before doing an upgrade, you can fix your current symptoms by making the tiny code change explained in that post.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I am having the same problems with same errors.
    I changed my scripts as shown in the link provided above. I am running v1.3.9 currently on my "live" site
    My server is using PHP 5.4 MySQL is 5.4 as well.

Tonight I went onto my paypal account and asked them if/when they disabled the SSL 3.0 because of the Poodle vulnerability, would I need to initiate a new API account for my site? (I am awaiting their reply on this) but I also have read on the paypal site that they recommend users to change their scripts to read.
    PHP Set CURLOPT_SSLVERSION to CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1 in your Curl options.

I had a customer try to place and order using the paypal express checkout option and he explained to me that it went to a blank screen with no errors/nothing and sat at the blank screen for a good 5-10 minutes.

So also in my email to paypal I asked them to see if my current settings satisfy their requirements?

I guess what I am asking here. would it disrupt my scripts to set those that I changed according to the above link with the // curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3); to what paypal is suggesting on their SSL help site?

Thanks,
    Russ

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Usahog View Post
    I am running v1.3.9 currently on my "live" site

Tonight I went onto my paypal account and asked them if/when they disabled the SSL 3.0 because of the Poodle vulnerability, would I need to initiate a new API account for my site? (I am awaiting their reply on this) but I also have read on the paypal site that they recommend users to change their scripts to read.
    PHP Set CURLOPT_SSLVERSION to CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1 in your Curl options.

I had a customer try to place and order using the paypal express checkout option and he explained to me that it went to a blank screen with no errors/nothing and sat at the blank screen for a good 5-10 minutes.

So also in my email to paypal I asked them to see if my current settings satisfy their requirements?

I guess what I am asking here. would it disrupt my scripts to set those that I changed according to the above link with the // curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, 3); to what paypal is suggesting on their SSL help site?
    Your blank-screen is a result of you creating a PHP syntax error when doing your edits, and is NOT a result of letting CURL auto-negotiate the best protocol.

But, yes, if you want to force your site into a specific TLS version, you can use 'CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1' if your PHP version supports that.

MUCH MORE IMPORTANT would be to get started on an upgrade to the current version of Zen Cart.

About the API question: no, you don't need new API credentials.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.