Thread: Category Names

Plugin Contributions

Default Category Names

hello, I'm using Zen Cart 1.5.1 with the dynamic filter mod and I'm trying to figure out the category filter. This is a more general question regarding categories so hopefully it's okay posting it here instead of in the dynamic filter support thread.

Basically, the filter works on categories as well as attributes you set up. The way my store is set up, there are the main categories, which are all unique, but the sub categories I have are all the same for every main category. The filter is obviously calling for the category names from somewhere, but with them being the same, it doesn't work very well.

To fix this, I need to change the filter to call for the unique main categories instead of the sub categories. But I can't figure out how zen cart names and identifies categories. Is there anyone who can answer that?

Once I know how it names the categories "behind the scenes", without knowing what any person will call them in their own personal store, then I can look for those in the filter script to change them to the main category names instead of the subs. Hopefully that made sense, and if anyone needs clarification, please let me know and I'll try and answer your questions. Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category Names

You could omit the sub categories in the search and display everything else yes?
    Twitch.
    http://www.twitchtoo.com - Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Wholesale + Attributes, ZC 1.38 - 1.56c - Expert Site Migration & Upgrades!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category Names

I didn't write the mod, so it must be set up to show the "smallest" category. Meaning, if you had 10 layers of categories and sub categories, it would show the category with actual products in it and nothing else.

I'm not sure what you mean by Omit the subcategories in the search? Do you mean edit the mod? Or do something within the default search bar that might affect the filter?