Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Free Shipping Behavior

I just noticed an unwanted behavior in my ZenCart Store.

I have physical products and downloadables.

I have the downloadables set to allow free shipping and this works as expected.

The physical products do not show free shipping and instead us the USPS module to calculate rates. This also works as expected.

However when someone orders a physical product AND a downloadable product I get a behavior I do not want. When they do this, free shipping is shown as an option as well as the paid shipping. In this case I do not want free shipping to show.

Can anyone tell me if I am missing a setting somewhere that will correct this?

Thanks
    Luke

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free Shipping Behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Galyan View Post
    I just noticed an unwanted behavior in my ZenCart Store.

I have physical products and downloadables.

I have the downloadables set to allow free shipping and this works as expected.

The physical products do not show free shipping and instead us the USPS module to calculate rates. This also works as expected.

However when someone orders a physical product AND a downloadable product I get a behavior I do not want. When they do this, free shipping is shown as an option as well as the paid shipping. In this case I do not want free shipping to show.

Can anyone tell me if I am missing a setting somewhere that will correct this?

Thanks
    Luke
    What are your settings in

1. Admin > Modules > Shipping > Free Shipping Options

2. Admin > Modules > Shipping > FREE SHIPPING

??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    What are your settings in

1. Admin > Modules > Shipping > Free Shipping Options

2. Admin > Modules > Shipping > FREE SHIPPING

??
    Additionally, what are the downloadable product's setting for "Product is Virtual". You've got a valid download-type attribute set for that product?

This sounds like an issue that RixStix reported a month or so ago ...

Plugin Contributions

Download Products should be marked as:
    Product is Virtual: No, Shipping Address Required
    Always Free Shipping: No, Normal Shipping Rules
    It is the filename add to the attribute that indicates it is Free Shipping, using the above with the wrong settings causes the counts related to Free Shipping to be incorrect, especially with physical products in the cart ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ok so i checked the settings and found i had the always free shipping set to "special custom .......". I changed that to "No, Normal Rules". unfortunately the behavior did not change.

What i did find was in my freeshipper module i had the free shipping applied with a total of >= 0. I guess this was the issue. I changed the free shipping module to be based off of weight <=0 and all seems to be ok now.

I just upgraded to version 1.5.4 (was on 1.5.3). Maybee those settings got changed in the proccess? I dont remember having this issue previously but didnt loom for it either. It works now so its not important i guess.

In the interest of grasping more of how this works i have a couple questions.
    1. In the product page, what is the always free shipping set for special / custom for?

2. In the free shipping module there are multiple ways you can determine free shipping. Order total, weight, number of items etc. If i use more than one of these to determine freeshipping or not, are these considered as AND logic or are they considered as OR logic? For example lets assume i set the free shipping as weight <=0, then also set order total to be >=5.00. Does an item need to cost 5.00 or more AND weigh 0 to get free shipping? Or can the item cost 4.00 and weigh 0 and get free shipping since the item fulfills at least one of the criteria set?

thanks for the help guys!
    Luke

Plugin Contributions

You mention freeshipper but then describe freeoptions ...

What are you using Free Options freeoptions for?

Usually on a site with normal Products and Downloads you would use a regular shipping module like USPS, UPS, FedEx, Item etc. and FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I may have gotten confusing since I was trying to do things with my phone which is a pain due to the little screen and the lack of ability to have two windows open at the same time. I apologize for the lack of clarity.

at Frank18
    My settings for FREE SHIPPING! are:
    Enabled set to True
    FreeShipping Cost 0.00
    Handling Fee 0.00
    Tax Class 11010
    Ship Zone none
    SortOrder 0

My settings for Free Shipping Options are:
    Offer per Freeoptions True
    Shipping 0.00
    Handling fee 0
    criteria sections left blank except for Weight <=
    Weight <= 0
    Tax Class none (should this be set to the same tax class as FREESHIPPING!?)
    Tax Basis shipping
    Shipping Zone none
    Sort order 0

at Lat9
    My downloadable products are set with
    Product is Virtual No, Shipping Address required

at Ajeh
    I am using USPS for shipping, and it is working just fine.
    I am using both the FREE SHIPPING! module and the Free Shipping Options Module, see settings above.
    When setting this all up a while back I think I read somewhere or got some weird idea in my head that these two work together to do what I need? I should be using both of these correct?

I am still curious if the Free Shipping Options criteria work as AND logic or as OR logic?

Also still curious about the setting on the product page what the setting Always Free Shipping set to Special, Product/Download Combo...... is for?

Luke

Plugin Contributions

My question is "why are you using Free Shipping Options freeoptions?" as it really makes no sense to use that unless you need it for something ...

On the Free Shipping Options freeoptions it uses:
    Code:
    // final check for display of Free Options
          if ($this->ck_freeoptions_total or $this->ck_freeoptions_weight or $this->ck_freeoptions_items) {
    Unless you have a purpose for Free Shipping Options freeoptions ... you should uninstall it and just use USPS and FREE SHIPPER! freeshipper ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

At the moment all I have for free shipping is the downloadable products. That will change soon but to keep on topic lets stay with downloadables being my only free shipping need.

When you say FREE SHIPPER!, is that different than FREE SHIPPING! Before I get confused I would like to be sure we are talking about the same thing.

I was under the impression that the FREE SHIPPING! module simply said I will allow free shipping in some case. Then Free Shipping Options module was used to determine when the free shipping would be applied. Thus my question / comment about these working together?

If only FREE SHIPPING! module is used and I remove the Free Shipping Options module how does FREE SHIPPING decide when its free or when its not free to ship?

Or is FREE SHIPPER that you refer to something all together different?

Thanks for posting that code snippet. That answers the question about the logic used in Free Shipping Options, it is OR logic.

Luke

Plugin Contributions

The difference between FREE SHIPPING! and FREE SHIPPER! is I made a typo ...

You need the FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper shipping module installed for any other types of Free Shipping Products *except* Downloads ... such as Products with 0 Weight or Products marked as Always Free Shipping ...

I usually recommend it for people to ensure that they have a shipping method in that case ...

A Product with an Attribute with a download filename on it already knows that it is Free Shipping based on that download filename on the Attribute ...

So you should be fine with just USPS and FREE SHIPPING! freeshipper or just USPS installed ...

If the Order has only Download Products in it, the checkout skips the checkout_shipping page and goes directly to the checkout_payment page ...

If the Order has both a Product with a download and a normal Product with weight, then it will go to the checkout_shipping page and only have shipping charges for the Product with weight ...
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast