Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

I have a new problem with my PayPal Express Checkout module.

When I go to purchase a test item, I am given the message of:

Code:
    An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (60) SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
    I have already RE-followed the steps at the following URL:

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...er-certificate

When I go to the last step (curltester.php), I get the following:

Code:
    Connecting to PayPal IPN (port 443)...
    GOOD: Socket established

Error 60: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
    IMPORTANT NOTE: Error 60 or 61 means that this server has an SSL certificate configuration problem. YOU NEED TO ASK YOUR HOSTING COMPANY SERVER ADMIN FOR ASSISTANCE with fixing the server's OpenSSL certificate chain. 
    This error has nothing to do with Zen Cart. It is a server configuration issue.
    I have checked my php.ini settings, the path to the cacert.pem is fine (just like it was before when checkout's were working). This problem has just recently started.

What can I do?

Your help is appreciated!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: New Problem with PayPal Express Checkout

Have you perchance checked the permissions of the folder/file leading to the cert? I *am* guessing only, but it seems that the issue is that the cert can not be found, so if in fact the path to the cert is correct in the php.ini file and if that is the only cert that is needed/expected in order to address that issue (ie, host truly doesn't have anything to do with it), then that's the one thing I come/came up with..
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Have you perchance checked the permissions of the folder/file leading to the cert? I *am* guessing only, but it seems that the issue is that the cert can not be found, so if in fact the path to the cert is correct in the php.ini file and if that is the only cert that is needed/expected in order to address that issue (ie, host truly doesn't have anything to do with it), then that's the one thing I come/came up with..
    This website uses IIS as its web service (on a Windows server). Would you, or anyone else who reads this know which account to give rights to and how much rights to the folder containing that cert?

Thanks for replying!

Plugin Contributions

I have given the IIS_IUSRS group read/write permissions to the SSL folder containing the cacert.pem file, rebooted the server and tried again; still does not work. The curltester.php still throws the same error (60).

Plugin Contributions

I had the same or similar problem. I'm using ZenCart 1.5.0. The way I fixed it was to replace my old PayPal .php file with the same file from v1.5.4.. I believe it was either 1 or 2 files. I can't remember exactly where they were or which ones, but seems like there's only a few, and not hard to find. Someone here will be able to tell you which ones I'm talking about. Note: Don't take my word for anything, and check with someone else before you do this.. and back up your original files, always. The problem I had may be nothing like the problem you have, but I just wanted to mention it to you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnycopilot View Post
    I had the same or similar problem. I'm using ZenCart 1.5.0. The way I fixed it was to replace my old PayPal .php file with the same file from v1.5.4.. I believe it was either 1 or 2 files. I can't remember exactly where they were or which ones, but seems like there's only a few, and not hard to find. Someone here will be able to tell you which ones I'm talking about. Note: Don't take my word for anything, and check with someone else before you do this.. and back up your original files, always. The problem I had may be nothing like the problem you have, but I just wanted to mention it to you.
    Johnny, I just updated from 1.5.3 to 1.5.4. Weren't the PayPal files overwritten anyway with this update to the 1.5.4 ones?

Plugin Contributions

jokkah, sorry I don't know if 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 ZenCart PayPal files are the same. Did upgrading to 1.5.4 just now fix your PayPal problem?

Plugin Contributions

A few days back, right after my SSL cert installation, I ran into an unrelated problem and it was suggested (elsewhere) that I run a test on my site. I used https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ which gave me a report I then talked over with my ISP provider. I can't answer your question directly, but this tool might be helpful to you....

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnycopilot View Post
    jokkah, sorry I don't know if 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 ZenCart PayPal files are the same. Did upgrading to 1.5.4 just now fix your PayPal problem?
    No, the problem still exists. :/

Plugin Contributions

I have now added more VeriSign CA's to my cacert.pem file and rebooted my web server. I am STILL GETTING error 60's (SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate)

Why is this having problems checking the CA's when it tries to do a cURL test to the PayPal Express endpoint?? This did not happen before!

I have already checked the directory permissions where the PEM file is, heck, I even gave "Everyone" full control (highly NOT recommended in any scenario) and tested and it gave the same error 60..
    Last edited by jokkah; 16 Mar 2015 at 10:22 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast