Plugin Contributions

Default transfer customers from an old cart to New

Hi

I have an old 1.3.8a Zen cart with a bunch of customers in it that I want to transfer into a brand new separate cart build that has just been upgraded to 1.5.4

Is there a quick/simple way of making this transfer?

The new build already has a bunch of customer in it (it's a live site) if that comes into play with any advice you may have.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: transfer customers from an old Zen Cart to New

Quote Originally Posted by lapitis View Post
    Hi

I have an old 1.3.8a Zen cart with a bunch of customers in it that I want to transfer into a brand new separate cart build that has just been upgraded to 1.5.4

Is there a quick/simple way of making this transfer?

The new build already has a bunch of customer in it (it's a live site) if that comes into play with any advice you may have.

Thanks!
    Sadly no - it is a bit more complicated as you have customers in both carts.

Exporting relevant tables from 1.3.8a and then importing their content into your new 1.5.4 DB would cause conflicts with existing ID's in 1.5.4

Plugin Contributions

Adding to my previous post, you would need to install the plugin "Add Customers" - see http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...Support-Thread

This plugin has a bulk import option, import them as a csv file. Once installed study the required format of the csv file. Then, export the relevant tables from 1.3.8a and merge them into a new csv file using the format required by the plugin you installed on 1.5.4

You will need to export these tables from 1.3.8a

- customers
    - customers_info
    - address_book

Then backup your 1.5.4, put into maintenance mode and import the new csv file into 1.5.4

Food for thought.
    Last edited by frank18; 15 Mar 2015 at 11:56 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I would suggest that before importing data from the old store to 1.5.4 or any other version, that the data be zc_install upgraded... This way at least the transformation(s) necessary to bring the data in line with the current version can be made and the files kept as a backup for later... There's a wiki also on all (most?) of the tables and which ones are necessary to maintain what type of information. As it seems though frank has already identified the tables necessary to support import/export through the tool suggested...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I would suggest that before importing data from the old store to 1.5.4 or any other version, that the data be zc_install upgraded... This way at least the transformation(s) necessary to bring the data in line with the current version can be made and the files kept as a backup for later... There's a wiki also on all (most?) of the tables and which ones are necessary to maintain what type of information. As it seems though frank has already identified the tables necessary to support import/export through the tool suggested...
    Yep, reference here: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...atabase_Schema