Plugin Contributions

Default Default Language: 2-English revise to 1-English

I have an issue with a carried forward DB in one of my stores. It shows the default language English as ID2. Normally it would show as ID 1 if no other languages are installed. This ID set to 2 causes some troubles when exporting/importing from another shop as some tables have _2 instead of the default _1. An example is EasyPopulate4.0.

This is what it shows.
    Installed Languages
    2-en: English
    Default Language: 2-English
    Internal Character Encoding: UTF-8
    DB Collation: utf8

Is there a way to set my english language back to ID1? I have tried to edited the language table with phpMyAdmin SET `languages_id` = '1' but after doing so, no more products are showing in admin nor the shop. Funny thing, I did the same edit on an 1.3.9h version and it worked! This time I wanted to do the same edit on 1.5.1 and it failed. Anybody know why or how it should be done right?
    Live and learn... the Zen way.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Default Language: 2-English revise to 1-English

So there are things that depend on the language_id such as products_description, categories, ez_pages etc...

Entries in these tables also use the language_id identifier to present the correct information for the language in question. At the moment I do not have that complete list nor the sql that could be run for each such table, but it would be an update for all tables on that language field (one update for each such table).

There might be more information on language selections in the FAQ and wiki... There is a somewhat related post associated with Zc 1.5.4 and adding a language in the following thread... Will somewhat have to work through the various corrected/associated queries and may need to look into the tables associated with other non-core ZC tables (those created when installing a fresh version of ZC). Ie. Add-ons may take advantage of the language_id.

http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...63#post1269563
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Default Language: 2-English revise to 1-English

Thank you for the pointers, but that sounds way too involved. I think I just have to live with the _2 fields in EP and language id set at 2. Not a real problem in everyday shop use. Just thought it can be corrected petty easily.
    Live and learn... the Zen way.