Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion SEO Urls problem!

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask for help.
    I use 1.3.9h Zencart with SEU Urls and now I see, that it is important to change a Urls form.
    Now my urls looks like:
    www.shop.com/greatrgbledstrips-p-88155.html

but google told me, that It is important to separate words with "-" and change these links to this form:
    www.shop.com/great-rgb-led-strips-p-88155.html

Can someone please help me?
    Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SEO Urls problem!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMen View Post
    Hi Guys,

I would like to ask for help.
    I use 1.3.9h Zencart with SEU Urls and now I see, that it is important to change a Urls form.
    Now my urls looks like:
    www.shop.com/greatrgbledstrips-p-88155.html

but google told me, that It is important to separate words with "-" and change these links to this form:
    www.shop.com/great-rgb-led-strips-p-88155.html

Can someone please help me?
    Thank you.
    At least two things: ZC version should be upgraded because of the lack of continued support of PHP 5.2.17 and the inability of Zc 1.3.9 to support the PHP versions that continue to be supported/are going to be the PHP versions that are minimum later this year.
    Second SEU url rewriter is no longer supported, or if I am wrong about that, it's use in newer versions of ZC throws. A lot of errors... Unfortunately that means that either need to hire someone to resolve. The issues or convert to another uri rewriter. The two currently operation versions are CEON URI mapping and USU (Ultimate SEO URLs).

I know that CEON can be populated with your current uris and the new ones desired created so that there would be no loss of access to your product. I believe. That USU might work without any further ado, but I would recommend seeking assistance at the applicable thread to answer that/those questions..
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    At least two things: ZC version should be upgraded because of the lack of continued support of PHP 5.2.17 and the inability of Zc 1.3.9 to support the PHP versions that continue to be supported/are going to be the PHP versions that are minimum later this year.
    Second SEU url rewriter is no longer supported, or if I am wrong about that, it's use in newer versions of ZC throws. A lot of errors... Unfortunately that means that either need to hire someone to resolve. The issues or convert to another uri rewriter. The two currently operation versions are CEON URI mapping and USU (Ultimate SEO URLs).

I know that CEON can be populated with your current uris and the new ones desired created so that there would be no loss of access to your product. I believe. That USU might work without any further ado, but I would recommend seeking assistance at the applicable thread to answer that/those questions..

Hi, thanks for your answer. I use 1.3.9h with 5.3.29 PHP version, do you think, that there will be the same support problem and it is important update this version to last version of ZC? I would like to update ZC to 1.5 version, but have a problem, because I have a lot of changes and don't know, how can help me with the update. If you know someone, please for contact - I will be grateful.

In the case of SEO Urls -- Yes, I use Ultimate SEO URLs, but I can't find, where is the problem.

Thank you in advance for help. R

Plugin Contributions

Hi, thanks for your answer. I use 1.3.9h with 5.3.29 PHP version, do you think, that there will be the same support problem ...
    PHP 5.3 is already past EOL.

... I use Ultimate SEO URLs ...
    What version do you have installed? Really ancient versions will indicate version in the file "/includes/classes/seo.urls.php". Newer versions will indicate the version in the Zen Cart administrative interface under "configuration" -> "Ultimate XXX".

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lhungil View Post
    PHP 5.3 is already past EOL.

Do you know someone, who can help with refresh?
    Of course, for a fee.

What version do you have installed? Really ancient versions will indicate version in the file "/includes/classes/seo.urls.php". Newer versions will indicate the version in the Zen Cart administrative interface under "configuration" -> "Ultimate XXX".
    it is V2.101 version edited by chemo.

Plugin Contributions

it is V2.101 version edited by chemo.
    Yeah, that is a really old version. Does your product title contain spaces? I know newer versions replace spaces with a hypen automatically...

Either way, you should probably focus on the Zen Cart upgrade first. I would recommend using the rebuild method - it will be faster and less problematic when moving from 1.3.9 to 1.5.4+. Not all plugins and themes have been upgraded for Zen Cart 1.5.4 (and many plugins / modifications may no longer be neccessary)...

Starting with stock Zen Cart files also makes installing new versions of neccessary plugins and an updated theme simpler (the database can be upgraded - products and customer data are retained). And of course the old store can keep running while the upgrade is being worked upon.

Once the rebuild is completed, the current version of USU should be able to take over no problem (but one will want to configure to fit needs). Alternately, as mentioned previously, one could switch to CEON (URLs are freeform) if desired after the upgrade. The current versions of both work well in Zen Cart 1.5.4.