Plugin Contributions

red flag Not getting payment notification after upgrade from Version 1.5.1 to 1.5.4

Hello,

I successfully upgraded from Version 1.5.1 to 1.5.4. With Version 1.5.1, I used to get a notification of payment from the Zen Cart and from PayPal delivered to my e-mail inbox. After the upgrade, I only get the notification from PayPal. I liked the one from Zen Cart better because it gave me additional information. Is there a setting I need to change so I get a Zen Cart notification e-mail when a purchase is made on my site? Thanks! :-)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not getting payment notification after upgrade from Version 1.5.1 to 1.5.4

You didn't mention any of the addons/plugins or customizations on your site. Every way in which your site's code is different from original ZC code could be a contributor to odd symptoms like these.

Usually the reason why order-completion email notifications don't go out is that there's a PHP error happening before or during the part where the email is sent. And in that case often there's record of the error in the /logs/ folder.
    Fix the errors and the emails should be fine again.

Alternatively, if your site is simply not sending out any emails at all, then perhaps you need to change email transport methods in Admin->Configuration->Email Options.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Email_Problems
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Of_Lost_Emails

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Not getting payment notification after upgrade from Version 1.5.1 to 1.5.4

Thanks for the reply.

I just read those links you sent me and installed the E-mail Archive Manager. My order confirmation e-mails are being archived, but I am not getting a Confirmation E-mail of the order nor is my customer getting an order confirmation. (Yikes!) I used to use a classic hosting plan at GoDaddy. I moved the old cart to a new cPanel plan. (I'm not sure if the e-mail confirmations were working at that point but everything else was working.) Once everything appeared to be working, I did the Zen Cart upgrade to Version 1.5.4. I added on the Alysa Rounded Template and Image Handler 4. (The e-mails were already not working before I installed Image Handler 4, however, so that cannot be the issue.) I really did not make any changes other than to the Alysa Rounded Template (just looking at the old changes of the previous version and re-creating those changes with the new version). Just now I tried changing e-mail delivery from PHP (though it always worked with PHP) to smtpauth, but that did not help.

When I look in the logs you mentioned, I see a "myDEBUG" log, but I'm not sure if it applies to this issue or what it means. It states: "[19-Mar-2015 03:00:44 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_connect(): (42000/1226): User 'myusername' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 30) in /home/myhostingaccountname/public_html/mywebsitename/catalog/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 62"

When I created and "ran" the email_debug.php for the Advanced E-mail Debugging suggestion on one of the links you provided, it said the e-mail failed to send, and I got this error message: "SMTP server error: Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client." It gave me some error numbers and then said that my domain name "is not permitted to relay through this server without 550 authentication."

Do I turn on SMTP authentication somewhere in the ZenCart or somewhere in my hosting account? Please help! Thank you! :-)

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Not getting payment notification after upgrade from Version 1.5.1 to 1.5.4

After taking a break, I put it back to "PHP" in E-mail Options under Configuration. I then sent a message to a customer from Tools > Send E-mail, and the customer received it. I then did a "money order" type of order, and I did not get a notification as the Seller, but the customer did get a notification this time. This is odd because it was on PHP when I first noticed the problem of the e-mails not sending. So, I think the main issue now is why I am not getting the order confirmation e-mail at my account, but my customers can now get the order confirmation and the e-mails I send from the Admin. Any ideas? (I checked my SPAM filter, and it is not an issue. I am using an e-mail address that is the same as my domain name.)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Not getting payment notification after upgrade from Version 1.5.1 to 1.5.4

DrByte,

Were you able to read my follow-up messages? Do you have any ideas to help me out? Thanks, in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When your server attempts to send email in "PHP" mode (instead of SMTPAUTH) it merely creates a message and blasts it out into the internet, without any validation. So, often those emails get dropped into a black hole because the "sender" was never confirmed to be valid, and thus it could just be spam.
    But if you use SMTPAUTH and provide the mailbox credentials, then ZC will login to your SMTP server using your supplied username and password, and then send the email using that validated account ... and thus the emails will not be treated as potential spam (at least as far as who initiated the emails is concerned).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Not getting payment notification after upgrade from Version 1.5.1 to 1.5.4

Thank you SO much. It's working now. :-)