Plugin Contributions

Default Order confirmation emails and Contact Us emails not being received

hi there :)

Hoping someone can help me work through this issue. All of a sudden, I am no longer getting email notification on orders or if someone sends an inquiry though my Contact Us page. I have contacted my service provider and he says there is nothing wrong on that end of things. I have checked my email setting and cannot see anything wrong there either. It was working a week ago and the only think I know of that happened after that was a server change, which was why I contact my provider. I'm being told it is not from the server change so now I am completely confused as to what it can be since I havent changed any of the email settings. Any thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order confirmation emails and Contact Us emails not being received

Quote Originally Posted by jcrewe View Post
    hi there :)

Hoping someone can help me work through this issue. All of a sudden, I am no longer getting email notification on orders or if someone sends an inquiry though my Contact Us page. I have contacted my service provider and he says there is nothing wrong on that end of things. I have checked my email setting and cannot see anything wrong there either. It was working a week ago and the only think I know of that happened after that was a server change, which was why I contact my provider. I'm being told it is not from the server change so now I am completely confused as to what it can be since I havent changed any of the email settings. Any thoughts?

Biggest thought is to know what settings exist for the email configuration. The change of servers likely plays a significant part to the issue... So knowing the mail server setting (ie. Php, smtp, smtpauth, etc...) And generally the other settings such as email server designation, google? Yahoo? Your host? Are credentials for sending email filled in? Is your email box full? (Have seen that before...) Also see the posting tips that appear above the message box when selecting reply or reply with quote.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Nope, email is not full. I checked the posting tips as you suggested. I made some of the suggested changes and nothing worked Below is a screen shot of my email settings. The setting have been like this for about three years and I have never had a problem until now. Can you see anything in the settings that could be causing this issue?

Name:  email config.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  54.8 KB

Plugin Contributions

I see that php is the mode of email transport. That sometimes is an issue... Has the version of php applied to your site changed? (This could happen without your direction.)

Have you tried smtp or more specifically smtpauth (which requires completing the smtp data towards the bottom of that screen shot)? Most of the information can be obtained through your cPanel, the username/password would be what is used to login to the email account.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

are you a godaddy customer? theres a setting under email, local or remote

change it, then change the email address to any other address, then change it back.

Plugin Contributions

I've tried setting up smtp and smtpauth and neither seemed to fix the issue. I am a Godaddy customer so I will look at the settings under email and see if that fixes the issue.