Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Mandatory SagePay Payment Gateway Upgrade to Protocol version 3

I have ceon sagepay version 2.1 installed on a dev site zencart v1.5.3

couple of things

since the ugrade, in modules > payment, it says Ceon Sage Pay Form v2.0.2, when the live site which has not been upgraded shows Ceon Sage Pay Form v2.0.3, so it appears to have downgraded!

However, i have run a few tests and i can checkout successfully, all works fine, payment taken, notification and confirmation emails sent.

But, i am now unsure as to whether the upgrade took place and whether the site is now sagepay protocol 3.00 complient

Is there any way i can tell if the upgrade was successful? And when will the below message, which appears when log in to sagepay, disappear?

'You will have to cease trading on this version (v2.23) unless you upgrade by the end of this month'.

any input would be great, it's really not that clear to me even though i have read documents etc

matt

Plugin Contributions

consultMe - would you be able to respond to my queries in post above?

or anyone else?

Plugin Contributions

It also appears to work with 1.39h

Plugin Contributions

The Ceon Sage Pay Form - Version: 2.1 plug in on this page https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1453 just reverted back to an older version, not much confidence in it, plus i got no response back from developer (must be busy, that's fine) so i went with http://www.jsweb.uk/zen-cart-plugins...m-for-zen-cart, installed myself, super easy, uploaded files and a quick db update and that was it. Once 1, or 2 orders go through using updated sagepay plugin the upgrade warning on sagepay disappeared.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mattys View Post
    The Ceon Sage Pay Form - Version: 2.1 plug in on this page https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1453 just reverted back to an older version, not much confidence in it, plus i got no response back from developer (must be busy, that's fine) so i went with http://www.jsweb.uk/zen-cart-plugins...m-for-zen-cart, installed myself, super easy, uploaded files and a quick db update and that was it. Once 1, or 2 orders go through using updated sagepay plugin the upgrade warning on sagepay disappeared.
    how do you know that it 'revered back to an older version' The main issue I have with the jsweb version is that they will not support it unless you are running 1.5x. Since 1.39h is still considered to be secure and we happen to be running it on a live site, its a bit much to say upgrade first, and sagepay dont have a way of showing which transactions conformed - I might try switching the loggin on to see if there is some indication in that.

Tried to speak to SP, but they had 20 people in the queue at the time

I'm running all the upgrades across the other sites next week and will then check with sagepay to see if the changes are now showing the new protocol.

otherwise I will have to try the jsweb version, and hope it works with 1.39h

Si

Plugin Contributions

...because as i mention in my initial post:

'since the upgrade, in modules > payment, it says Ceon Sage Pay Form v2.0.2, when the live site which has not been upgraded shows Ceon Sage Pay Form v2.0.3, so it appears to have downgraded!'

basically, when i 'upgraded' to 'The Ceon Sage Pay Form - Version: 2.1 ', the version displayed in modules > payment went from v2.0.3 to v2.0.2. this does not mean that the module didnt work, it did (although i have my doubts as to whether it was sagepay 3 protocol and not sure if it would have deactivated the upgrade warning on sagepay), these unknowns and errors didnt fill me with confidence and this is quite an important upgrade to get right, for obvious reasons, that's why i went with jsweb. i'd rather it was free, but hey, it's gotta work...

if i were you i would think about upgrading your zencart sites to 1.5.*, i think the longer you leave it the more messy it can become

sagepay are so slow to get back to you, i had responses to questions i had emailed them a week or so later, after i had actually sorted everything, not great

Plugin Contributions

After a weekend of running the update, sagepay is no longer shoiw a red banner, so I think its a reasonable assumption that we are now on protocol 3. I'm not too worried about the version not increasing in the admin display - even I can change that.

Upgrading a site from 1.3h to 1.54 is a far greater task than fixing a module, itsn't something that can be done in a week, and its something we are planning to do in the next couple of months.

I'll migrate the rest of our sites this week and check if its all working

Si

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12