Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping module(s)

Hello All,

I would like to have 2 categories of shipping that depends on which product is purchased. One of the categories is Free shipping (so I selected the free shipping only when I add those items to my inventory) and the other category I would like to add is flat rate for some smaller items to allow several small purchases to be packed in 1 box so that I can have a flat rate per order.

My question concerns the "Shipping Module" dropdown. Can I select more than 1 option (free AND flat) there? If so, when I go to add the product to my inventory if I tick the radio button for "No, Normal Shipping Rules" does ZC know to use my flat rate selection instead of the free one?

Thanks

MM

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping module(s)

Bump....sorry to seem rude but no one weighed in and I sure would appreciate a comment.....just to keep myself out of trouble!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Music Man View Post
    I would like to have 2 categories of shipping that depends on which product is purchased.
    A common request.

One of the categories is Free shipping (so I selected the free shipping only when I add those items to my inventory) and the other category I would like to add is flat rate for some smaller items to allow several small purchases to be packed in 1 box so that I can have a flat rate per order.
    So far, so good. This is all catered for with 'basic' ZenCart settings.

My question concerns the "Shipping Module" dropdown. Can I select more than 1 option (free AND flat) there?
    No. Only one shipping method can be selected per order.

If so, when I go to add the product to my inventory if I tick the radio button for "No, Normal Shipping Rules" does ZC know to use my flat rate selection instead of the free one?
    ZenCart uses the 'free shipping' options to determine which items don't require a shipping charge, all other items are calculated according to whatever shipping modules you have installed and enabled. The customer can only select one of the methods provided by these modules.

Although I've answered your questions, I have a gut feeling that these weren't exactly the questions that you had intended to ask, either that, or I've totally misunderstood what you did write.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply.... Your gut feel was working for you....

Actually you answered my question even though I didn't do a good job of asking it. I wasn't referring to selecting multiple shipping selections in the same order.....just wanted to make sure I could offer product in more than 1 shipping category/rate.....

But that does bring up something else to ask about. From your post I am assuming that if a customer purchases items from my free list and an item from my flat list....the customer is forced to select 1 form of shipping....what if they buy product that are marked with 2 different shipping rates?

In other words can you mix products marked free shipping and flat rate in the same order....or do they need to place 2 separate orders?

Thanks....

MM