Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Stock by attribute

I'm using Zencart 1.5.4 and need to add priced size attributes that update the price dynamically when the attribute is selected from a drop own menu on the product page. I've been looking at this…

https://github.com/potteryhouse

but it's only available up to 1.5.3 carts. Has anybody tried it in 1.5.4?

Also, I am open to other suggestion if you have any.

Than

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by attribute

Quote Originally Posted by lapitis View Post
    I'm using Zencart 1.5.4 and need to add priced size attributes that update the price dynamically when the attribute is selected from a drop own menu on the product page. I've been looking at this…

https://github.com/potteryhouse

but it's only available up to 1.5.3 carts. Has anybody tried it in 1.5.4?

Also, I am open to other suggestion if you have any.

Than
    Couple of things. First this type question is best asked in the forum about the product... Ie, people that use it tend to actually read that forum.

Second go a little further at that link into a branch that is compatible with both 1.5.3 and 1.5.4. As to it working, yup, sure does. A little research pays off.

https://github.com/potteryhouse/stoc...12345678_ZC154
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

ok, thanks for the guidance regarding where to post.

Yes, I did click through to the link you indicated and at the top it says 'Stock by Attribute for Zen Cart 1.5.3' (despite the stock by attribute version being 1.5.4). Does that mean it's compatible with both 1.5.3 and 1.5.4?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lapitis View Post
    ok, thanks for the guidance regarding where to post.

Yes, I did click through to the link you indicated and at the top it says 'Stock by Attribute for Zen Cart 1.5.3' (despite the stock by attribute version being 1.5.4). Does that mean it's compatible with both 1.5.3 and 1.5.4?

The version posted there as further modified by me is yes compatible with both versions of ZC. I have been testing it under both systems as well although that is somewhat more by accident than design.

Plugin Contributions

ok, sounds great, thanks again for the guidance - appreciate the help!

Plugin Contributions

hey guys im running zen-cart 1.5.4 with a trego theme installed im trying to install this add-on and yes it install correctly and all seems ok also the addon is the new version on github designed for 1.5.4 now this is the question i need help with please :) .

after installing i go through my site pages to check everything still works and looks OK before going on to say it works and use it .
    i have found my shopping cart gets all screwed up and looks funny and have found the content of the files under
    includes\templates\my-template\templates

tpl_account_history_info_default
    tpl_checkout_confirmation_default
    tpl_modules_attributes
    tpl_modules_main_product_image
    tpl_shopping_cart_default

these all overwrite the existing ones and i believe this this the cause of my pages looking funny after applying the files.
    is there a way to keep my template looking how it is or avoid overwriting these files .
    i couldn't find much on this topic if you know of a similar issue and its been brought up before please direct me there .
    thanks in advance :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mydakota View Post
    hey guys im running zen-cart 1.5.4 with a trego theme installed im trying to install this add-on and yes it install correctly and all seems ok also the addon is the new version on github designed for 1.5.4 now this is the question i need help with please :) .

after installing i go through my site pages to check everything still works and looks OK before going on to say it works and use it .
    i have found my shopping cart gets all screwed up and looks funny and have found the content of the files under
    includes\templates\my-template\templates

tpl_account_history_info_default
    tpl_checkout_confirmation_default
    tpl_modules_attributes
    tpl_modules_main_product_image
    tpl_shopping_cart_default

these all overwrite the existing ones and i believe this this the cause of my pages looking funny after applying the files.
    is there a way to keep my template looking how it is or avoid overwriting these files .
    i couldn't find much on this topic if you know of a similar issue and its been brought up before please direct me there .
    thanks in advance :)
    The template files associated with ZC 1.5.4 provided in the download are ZC 1.5.4 template files that have been modified to support the necessary display of SBA related data. If your template already had override files, then the differences in the download need(ed) to be applied to your template files files rather than replacing them with what was downloaded. There is currently no way for a plugin package that modifies a template file to account for personalizations that have been made.

To resolve this you would need to restore your previous template package's template files from your backup and then apply the changes made to the template files that support SBA.

Also, in the future, before applying a plugin to a live site, the plugin(s) should be installed into a development version of the site and fully tested for such issue.

Plugin Contributions

thanks that's cool i did put it on my test site but didn't notice the shopping cart pages issue but wasn't hard to restore my site all the same as i make backups all the time just in case.

is there anyway of finding the scripts or changes that i would have to use to amend my existing files or do i have to go through each one and try and identify the changes and merge them it would surprise me if im the first one to come across this I would have thought there would be info on how to go about this if existing files were present .
    also thanks for your feed back much appreciate it

Plugin Contributions

OK Ive managed to edit the shipping one OK lol god know what else this may do but i will attempt to edit the other files and do a lot of testing before going live i may provide steps on what i do if i get it working so maybe help others if possible wish me luck

Plugin Contributions

Good luck! :) I was going to say that I thought that at least at one point or another there were comments around the new code with either SBA or stock by attributes or something similar and an indication of start or BOF or end or EOF.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast