Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default USPS Shipping Module Won't Uninstall/Reinstall Properly for Upgrading Purposes

So since we all have to upgrade our USPS built in shipping module to "USPS_2014_1030_K6", I began this process last week with no luck.

When I remove the old module via the admin backend and then delete the files on the server as instructed, the module disappears from the admin modules view. Perfect. Then when I choose to add in the new version module, instead it somehow retains all my old info (despite me deleting the two files as instructed). Further, the module name and type fields in the module list show up as blank.

I have removed the files from my server several times and get the same result each time I upload the new version files.

For some reason I feel like this has happened to me in the past, perhaps the last time I updated the USPS shipping module, but I cannot remember how I got it resolved.

I have attached a screenshot of my admin modules screen so you can see what I see.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.

zen-cart-usps-screenshot2.jpg

Fretty
    www.universal-heros.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module Won't Uninstall/Reinstall Properly for Upgrading Purposes

To make sure you get a clean delete of all records ... go to phpMyAdmin and find your database, then run the SQL:
    Code:
    delete from configuration where configuration_key like 'MODULE\_SHIPPING\_USPS\_%'
    Next, go you your Zen Cart Admin and go to Modules ... Shipping ...
    NOTE: make sure you do this fresh, as if you had never been there

Do you now see the USPS shipping module name listed, just like all the other shipping modules have their names listed?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module Won't Uninstall/Reinstall Properly for Upgrading Purposes

Hi Ajeh,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately it didn't work. It now looks like the below screenshot.
    I deleted the two module files first, then ran the SQL command as instructed and then logged back into the admin and when I went to the shipping modules section everything was still blank. This time when I choose "install", nothing happens at all. So at least it is wiping my previous settings now, but it still won't recognize/install it correctly.

zen-cart-shipping-modules2.jpg

Fretty
    www.universal-heros.com

Plugin Contributions

If you go to your Zen Cart Admin to the Tools ... Developers Tool Kit ...

and in the bottom input line enter:
    usps.php

and select Catalog and click search ... what comes up on the screen showing the line numbers, file names and text that is found?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Here is a screenshot of the result:

zen-cart-shipping-modules4.jpg

Now this is after I tried the last suggestion and still have those new version files uploaded to my server.
    If you want, I can delete those files and run the SQL command again and then try this search again after that.
    Let me know.

Fretty

Plugin Contributions

Try deleting the two files then run that SQL on your database ...

Next, go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and ensure that nothing is there with the blank line ...

Next, try to reload the 2 files for the USPS shipping module and then go to the Modules ... Shipping ... and see if the USPS name is now showing ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

After deleting the files and running the SQL command (this time 0 rows affected), the module (blank line) disappeared. As soon as I uploaded the new files again, the module reappeared as a blank line again.

Perhaps it is something with my upload?

Fretty
    www.universal-heros.com

Plugin Contributions

Do this in steps ...

1 go to phpMyAdmin and make sure you have the right database selected and run the SQL to delete things related to USPS shipping module

2 Delete the files on the server:
    /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php
    /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/usps.php

and while looking at that directory, ensure there are no traces of usps.php files that are renames, .bak, etc.

3 go to Zen Cart Admin and to the Modules ... Shipping ... and ensure that USPS is not there and neither is the blank line

4 go to phpMyAdmin and run the SQL:
    SELECT * FROM configuration WHERE configuration_key LIKE 'MODULE_SHIPPING_INSTALLED';

what comes up for the field:
    configuration_key
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

After doing all of this, here was the result of the final SQL search query:

configuration_key: "MODULE_SHIPPING_INSTALLED"
    configuration_value: "flat.php;freeoptions.php;freeshipper.php;item.php;storepickup.php;upsxml.ph p"

I do not see any traces of usps.php in the results.

Fretty
    www.universal-heros.com

Plugin Contributions

Is that space in the configuration_key or is that just a typo/wrap on
    configuration_value: "flat.php;freeoptions.php;freeshipper.php;item.php;storepickup.php;upsxml.ph p"
    Linda McGrath

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast