Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module Won't Uninstall/Reinstall Properly for Upgrading Purposes

And since USPS should not be installed yet, if you run this SQL in phpMyAdmin:
    Code:
    SELECT * FROM configuration WHERE configuration_key LIKE '%MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS%';
    You should not find anything, correct?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module Won't Uninstall/Reinstall Properly for Upgrading Purposes

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Is that space in the configuration_key or is that just a typo/wrap on
    That was just a copy/paste error. There is no space in the actual value.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    And since USPS should not be installed yet, if you run this SQL in phpMyAdmin:
    Code:
    SELECT * FROM configuration WHERE configuration_key LIKE '%MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS%';
    You should not find anything, correct?

That is correct. I got no result from that query.
    "MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). ( Query took 0.0029 sec )"

Plugin Contributions

Without trying to install the USPS shipping module ... if you go to the Modules ... Shipping ... in your Zen Cart Admin, what are you seeing now on the listing?

If you click on the USPS shipping module, but do not try to install it, what do you see in the right hand panel?

If you click on the Flat shipping module, what do you see in the right hand panel?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

When going to admin > shipping modules after doing all of this and not having the files on my server, I see nothing relating to USPS nor any blank lines.

Once I upload the files to my server to their appropriate directories and I refresh the admin > shipping modules screen, I now see the blank line reappear. When I click on the blank line, the right hand side shows only an "Install" button, but nothing else. No text or anything.

When I click on the Flat Rate shipping module, I see all my settings come up on the right hand side as per usual.

Fretty
    www.universal-heros.com

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to be a bother, but I'm still stuck on this issue.
    Any other ideas / suggestions?

Could it possible be the way I am uploading the file to the server? Perhaps an option I have turned on or off?

Without getting this to work, I have no way to sell items on my website.
    I'm planning to rebuild our entire site anyways, but I'd love this to be working in the meantime as that won't exactly be a quick thing. :)

Thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

This is quite bizarre ...

What version of php are you using?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

PHP version 4.4.9

Plugin Contributions

You have an ancient php which also should be upgraded to something current like php 5.4 or php 5.5, but then you have to upgrade your Zen Cart ...

Try this, around line 84 in:
    /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

Edit the line that reads:
    Code:
      function __construct() { // for older php < 5.1.0 change to usps() instead of __construct()
    and, as instructed, change it to read:
    Code:
      function usps() { // for older php < 5.1.0 change to usps() instead of __construct()
    Does this correct the problem?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I made the edit as suggested and sure enough the module showed up in the shipping modules screen. After I hit install though, I have lost the right hand side bar of the shipping modules screen for some reason and now the USPS module isn't show in the list. I checked the other modules (payment, order total) and they are just fine.

Any ideas?

Name:  zencartusps.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  62.8 KB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast