Plugin Contributions

Default File Attribute - Where can I retrieve the image?

Hello All,
    I added the 'file' attribute to one of my listings so a customer can upload an image their logo. The attribute shows up on the product pages and it allows you to select and upload a file, but after completing the sale, where can I go to retrieve the image just uploaded? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it. Help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: File Attribute - Where can I retrieve the image?

Look in your store's /uploads folder.

There's also a plugin that might still work (http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1134) that will let you view them from your admin.
    Last edited by lat9; 1 Apr 2015 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Added link to plugin

Plugin Contributions

lat9, thanks much for the quick response. I used my first Zen Cart in '07 and I have never once used this feature, the file attribute. I've been going through my folders and I cannot for the life of me find an 'upload' folder. Well that's not true, I did find one in the 'images' file, but the file I just uploaded wasn't in there. Is there another place the 'uploads' folder might be that I'm missing?
    Thanks again,
    Karl

Plugin Contributions

My bad, the folder is /images/uploads. I can't explain why the file you just uploaded isn't there.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again for getting back to me. Duh, my bad, the image was there it just had a changed file name. How safe is this add-on? Can a person upload something malicious to that folder?
    Thanks again,
    Karl

Plugin Contributions

You control the file size and file-extensions allowed for the upload in the Configuration->Maximum Values->Maximum File Upload Size and ->Allowed File Extensions for uploading. FWIW, I've seen reports of malicious PDF content, but I'm not sure what can be imbedded in a .txt file.

Plugin Contributions

Hate to resurrect a dead post, but this is literally the same problem I am having right now. Our company has two Zen sites, one is for general consumers, the other is for more B2B type sales. Some products are available on both, and the issue I'm having is that on the general site, the file attribute is working perfectly, but on our B2B one it's not. I've got the Maximum Values page open for each, side by side, and the values are all set the same. I've got an Images/Uploads folder for each of them. The only big difference between the two is that the main site is on 1.5.5f, and the B2B is 1.5.4. There ARE images in the uploads folder from 2015, so I know it USED to work, but I can't find any differences in the Config pages that would cause it to just quit. When placing a test order, and attaching an image to upload, I am not given any error message, nor is an error file being generated server side.

Plugin Contributions

May want to check the permissions of the images/upload folder for the B2B site to verify that they are set to permit storing files. If able may want to take a look at server logs to see if/what happens on upload. Additionally, may want to review the .htaccess file for either/both of the images and images/upload folders to ensure that the extension(s) expected/associated are permitted/available.

Of course the other part of this is to review the includes/configure.php file for the 1.5.4 site (which is expected to have more defines than the 1.5.5 site) to see what the path is for DIR_FS_UPLOAD and/or DIR_WS_UPLOAD. That is or would be the location to which the files should be located or attempted to be placed.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...