Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Credit card option appears

I had a hunch that what you were seeing was PP related instead of ZC payment related.

That is the PayPal marketing dept way of getting merchants to advertise "Pay using CC, no PP account required". What they do not openly disclose is that option is only available for the first 10 uses of the email address. After 10 uses, a PP account creation IS REQUIRED. Your store may just be lucky enough to be the 11th time the email address is used and you advertise No PP account required to use a CC, you will have a lost sale, grumpy customer or some explaining to do.

I do understand PP is in business to make money from processing fees & they make significantly less from a CC transaction because they incur gateway fees.

I wish they would be more upfront about the policy. 10 uses applies to USA. The policy may be different in other areas.

That's the screenshot that I was trying to include. Tnx.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Does it look something like this (but more than likely a little different as in not having the shadow box around it)?:
    Attachment 15139
    actually here's a screenshot of the pertinent items.....

Name:  cart.png
Views: 41
Size:  26.0 KB

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    I had a hunch that what you were seeing was PP related instead of ZC payment related.

That is the PayPal marketing dept way of getting merchants to advertise "Pay using CC, no PP account required". What they do not openly disclose is that option is only available for the first 10 uses of the email address. After 10 uses, a PP account creation IS REQUIRED. Your store may just be lucky enough to be the 11th time the email address is used and you advertise No PP account required to use a CC, you will have a lost sale, grumpy customer or some explaining to do.

I do understand PP is in business to make money from processing fees & they make significantly less from a CC transaction because they incur gateway fees.

I wish they would be more upfront about the policy. 10 uses applies to USA. The policy may be different in other areas.

That's the screenshot that I was trying to include. Tnx.
    Thanks Rick....I appreciate the verification. I'm a bit surprised that this isn't a common question.... Apparently you noticed it also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12