Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Adding default text in the collect_info.php file

Ok, I'm not a programmer but I've been able to modify the collect_info.php file to display default info in some fields. On my attached picture, you can see I've modified the products_quantity and products_price fields and these work great. But on the products_description field I cannot get this text to display... I've played around with quotes within the quotes and some other feeble attempts but this is beyond my ability. I'd really appreciate some help.... thx in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding default text in the collect_info.php file

Quote Originally Posted by mrcastle View Post
    Ok, I'm not a programmer but I've been able to modify the collect_info.php file to display default info in some fields. On my attached picture, you can see I've modified the products_quantity and products_price fields and these work great. But on the products_description field I cannot get this text to display... I've played around with quotes within the quotes and some other feeble attempts but this is beyond my ability. I'd really appreciate some help.... thx in advance.
    I'm not certain I understand what you are modifying.

If you'd like to change the default text for your product fields go to admin/includes/languages/english/product.php

If you'd like to add admin 'notes' to your product page go to: admin/includes/modules/product/collect_info.php

Add in the code in red to reflect the changes you desire.
    Code:
              <tr>
                <td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>
                <td colspan="2"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><span class="errorText">*Leave default product description here.</span>
                  <tr>
    Hope that helps,

Plugin Contributions

I thought the intent was thatwhen adding a new product, that the description of the product would come with some initial text to which other information may be added... This way the additional text would not need to be added on each entry.

Otherwise there are other tools that could be used to rapidly add additional product such as EasyPopulate v4 or Apsona.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick response. In a nutshell, when I am entering new inventory I would like to have some standard text already in the product description box. I have had success with quantity "1" and price "3.95" as shown in my pic. I thought I could modify the description field to default that information "new-old stock remains in new condition" but no matter what I do, it will not place that info in the box. If it is the other file you mentioned (products.php) could you give me an idea where that might be entered ? Thx!

Plugin Contributions

Ok thanks.... you are right, easy populate is the easiest solution.

Plugin Contributions

You're on the right track, but it is the default zencart code that is preventing it from working the way you expect.

I've had a play with the code and the solution isn't too difficult.

Find this code (in the collect_info.php file)
    Code:

<tr>
                <td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>
                <td colspan="2"><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
                  <tr>
                    <td class="main" width="25" valign="top"><?php echo zen_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?>&nbsp;</td>
                    <td class="main" width="100%"><?php echo zen_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '100%', '30', htmlspecialchars((isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : zen_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']), ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE)); //,'id="'.'products_description' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '"'); ?></td>
                   </tr>
                </table></td>
              </tr>
    Replace it with this:
    Code:

<tr>
                  <tr>
                    <td class="main" width="25" valign="top"><?php echo zen_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?>&nbsp;</td>
                     <td class="main" width="100%"><?php echo zen_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '100%', '30', htmlspecialchars((isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : (zen_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])) ? :$pInfo->products_description , ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE)); //,'id="'.'products_description' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '"'); ?></td>
                  </tr>
                  </table></td>
              </tr>
    Although this probably looks a bit of a mess, there is only the one line of code that needs changing. It's a very long line though.

Cheers
    RodG
    Last edited by RodG; 9 Apr 2015 at 09:56 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hey Rod, I tried this but had no luck.... just a blank screen upon entering new product. I'll try and figure it out but if something pop's up at you, please let me know. I really appreciate the effort... would love to get this feature working.

Plugin Contributions

Hey Rod, I tried this but had no luck.... just a blank screen upon entering new product.
    A blank screen usually results is something being written to the log files.

Also, do you also get the blank screen when trying to edit an existing product?

I'll try and figure it out but if something pop's up at you, please let me know. I really appreciate the effort... would love to get this feature working.
    Perhaps if you post a copy of the modified line from your code (and a few lines before it) I may spot something that got changed with the cut n pastings. I hope/assume you did a copy/paste rather than trying to retype the code?

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Hey Rod, just tried it one more time to make sure it wasn't user error. Actually I don't get a blank screen.... I still get the menu at the top and then nothing below it. Here are a few lines before and after, which includes your revision. Thanks! Mitch

<script language="javascript"><!--
    updateGross();
    //--></script>
    <?php
    for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
    ?>
    <tr>
    <td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo

TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>
    <tr>
    <tr>
    <td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo

TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>
    <tr>
    <td class="main" width="25" valign="top"><?php echo zen_image

(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages

[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?>&nbsp;</td>
    <td class="main" width="100%"><?php echo zen_draw_textarea_field

('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '100%', '30',

htmlspecialchars((isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])) ?

stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) :

(zen_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])) ? :

$pInfo->products_description , ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE));

//,'id="'.'products_description' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '"'); ?></td>
    </tr>
    </table></td>
    </tr>

<?php
    }
    ?>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2"><?php echo zen_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1',

'10'); ?></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_QUANTITY; ?></td>
    <td class="main"><?php echo zen_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24',

'15') . '&nbsp;' . zen_draw_input_field('products_quantity', $pInfo-

>products_quantity); ?></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2"><?php echo zen_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1',

'10'); ?></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_MODEL; ?></td>
    <td class="main"><?php echo zen_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24',

'15') . '&nbsp;' . zen_draw_input_field('products_model', htmlspecialchars

(stripslashes($pInfo->products_model), ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE),

zen_set_field_length(TABLE_PRODUCTS, 'products_model')); ?></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Replace it with this:
    Code:

<tr>
                  <tr>
                     <td class="main" width="100%"><?php echo zen_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '100%', '30', htmlspecialchars((isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']])) ? stripslashes($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) : (zen_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])) ? :$pInfo->products_description , ENT_COMPAT, CHARSET, TRUE)); //,'id="'.'products_description' . $languages[$i]['id'] . '"'); ?></td>
                  </tr>
                  </table></td>
              </tr>
    Although this probably looks a bit of a mess, there is only the one line of code that needs changing. It's a very long line though.

Cheers
    RodG
    I add the new text change ? :$pInfo->products_description
    Nothing changed in my admin. New product page looks unchanged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast