Plugin Contributions

Default Removing top banner from main page

I am trying to remove the top banner from our home page (www.stratesysgroup.com). I cannot find which file is telling it to display the banner. Only the home page shows the banner.

I have gone to Banner Manager and found no universal Disable button/switch. I have changed the individual status of each banner to red, which then leaves a blank box where the banner should be.

I have gone to Define Pages Editor, but the banner does not show up in the frame there.

I have scoured through tpl_header.php and found what I thought was telling it to display, but when I removed that code it still showed up. Same for tpl_main_page.php. These were both edited in my designated template folder.

background:
    My company hired an outside person to set up ZenCart for us, but I have been tasked with making changes. I have some programming background, but I'm far from a guru. This is my first site that I've worked with ZenCart. The file structure in ZenCart and the way some things are editing in the Admin console, while other things have to be hard coded in very scattered files is very frustrating. I've spent hours on these forums looking for answers, but haven't been able to find something that works.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing top banner from main page

Not sure what you mean by 'top banner'. Your logo, or the slider below it?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dkruidhof View Post
    I am trying to remove the top banner from our home page. I cannot find which file is telling it to display the banner. Only the home page shows the banner.
    This slider does not come with a stock zen cart, it is part of your custom template.
    If you look for this code:
    <div class="slider-wrapper theme-default">
    or this one :
    <div id="slider" class="nivoSlider" style="width:916px !important; height:225px !important;">
    you should be able to make the edits your need.

Plugin Contributions

While there are many tools to investigate many parts of how ZC operates, remember that the index.php file is what is loaded to control the whole operation.

There are also tools suchas the developers toolkit under the admin panel section of tools.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity14 View Post
    This slider does not come with a stock zen cart, it is part of your custom template.
    If you look for this code:
    <div class="slider-wrapper theme-default">
    or this one :
    <div id="slider" class="nivoSlider" style="width:916px !important; height:225px !important;">
    you should be able to make the edits your need.
    Thanks! Knowing the proper name of things sure does help. So much time spent searching for "banner" and it's iterations. Just had to search for "slider"!

@mc12345678, that helps too. I was primarily focused on main_page type files. I hadn't noticed the index files and was assuming ZenCart didn't use them.

So much to learn... Thanks again everyone!