Plugin Contributions

Default Same PayPal account on multiple websites

Is it possible to receive payments using same PayPal (Pro / Express) account on multiple websites? I was just testing this on a second website of mine and Im getting the error:

"An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. (10471) 10471 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. - ReturnURL is invalid."

I guess this is because the 'success checkout return URL' in my PayPal account is specified to be used with my first website. Is there a solution for this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Same PayPal account on multiple websites

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a lot. I did as specified on that page however Im still getting the errors ReturnURL is invalid and CancelURL is invalid messages when I look in /includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs.

I have also entered the the correct return URL in PayPal to one of my sites https://www.my-site.com/index.php?ma...eckout_success
    This URL works fine for both my sites when I enter them manually in a browser.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DML73 View Post
    Thanks a lot. I did as specified on that page however Im still getting the errors ReturnURL is invalid and CancelURL is invalid messages when I look in /includes/modules/payment/paypal/logs.

I have also entered the the correct return URL in PayPal to one of my sites https://www.my-site.com/index.php?ma...eckout_success
    This URL works fine for both my sites when I enter them manually in a browser.

Any idea what the problem could be?
    If your PP payment module is correctly configured in the admin then the return url is automatically generated by Zc and the customer is returned to the correct store.

Are you using PP Standard or PP Express Checkout?

Suggest you have another look at the link stevesh has posted for you and also check that your PP module is configured as per tutorials and post on this site.

Plugin Contributions

I've got two sites that (kind of) share the same PayPal account -- using the PayPal Merchant Services (www.paypal.com/mts, 888 215 5506) "parent-child" account concept.

Essentially, I started out with a verified PayPal account that links back to my bank's checking account. I added another PayPal account as a "child" of that account, so that the linked banking account is used for both. The "child" account sends any funds it receives to the "parent" on a daily basis.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the suggestions. I now found why I am getting the "ReturnURL is invalid", its because I have changed:

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mysite.com');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.mysite.com');

to:

define('HTTP_SERVER', '');
    define('HTTPS_SERVER', '');

in /includes/configure.php

I did this in order to be able to direct my "multi-domain/language on same server site" to the correct domains/languages. Anyway, I guess PayPal needs the "define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mysite.com');" statements. Im wondering if there is another way of telling PayPal what domain to use??