Plugin Contributions

Default "Index / Log In" Line Jumped To Top Of Page!

I'm not sure what setting I messed with, though I figure it has to be somewhere in the Configuration settings...but the purple bar that used to be below the site's tagline has jumped to the very top of the page. I wouldn't mind that except that now the template doesn't look quite right. Could someone please tell me what setting I changed? I've messed around with the stylesheet.css for about an hour with no success, and searching through the many Configuration settings until my eyes are about to go on strike hasn't helped, either.

Thank you!!

http://scentsandsilver.com/products/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Index / Log In" Line Jumped To Top Of Page!

Quote Originally Posted by DK_Scully View Post
    I'm not sure what setting I messed with, though I figure it has to be somewhere in the Configuration settings...but the purple bar that used to be below the site's tagline has jumped to the very top of the page. I wouldn't mind that except that now the template doesn't look quite right. Could someone please tell me what setting I changed? I've messed around with the stylesheet.css for about an hour with no success, and searching through the many Configuration settings until my eyes are about to go on strike hasn't helped, either.

Thank you!!

http://scentsandsilver.com/products/
    Your template calls

Code:
    <div id="navMainWrapper"> [some code] </div>
    before

Code:
    <div id="logoWrapper"> [some code] </div>
    hence you are getting the purple bar before your logo

Plugin Contributions

Frank18:

Thanks very much. Where would I find those two lines of code so I can reverse their order?

Could this have been caused by installing the COWOA plugin? It's the only thing I can think of, because the tweaking I did to the stylesheet and header was only to change colors and the logo image; I haven't opened any other files to modify them.

Jo

Plugin Contributions

Acting on that hunch, I opened the COWOA installation files, and the tpl_header.php file has <div id="navMainWrapper"> on line 45 and <div id="logoWrapper"> on line 71. Can I safely move the entire section (line 44 - <!--bof-navigation display--> down to line 68 - <!--eof-navigation display-->) and then re-upload it? This is something I've never done before, so I feel better asking for confirmation before going ahead and maybe messing up something else.

Plugin Contributions

Acting on that hunch, I opened the COWOA installation files, and the tpl_header.php file has <div id="navMainWrapper"> on line 45 and <div id="logoWrapper"> on line 71. Can I safely move the entire section (line 44 - <!--bof-navigation display--> down to line 68 - <!--eof-navigation display-->) and then re-upload it? This is something I've never done before, so I feel better asking for confirmation before going ahead and maybe messing up something else.
    Suggest to backup that file then swap the 'sections', save and upload. Should be fine.

Plugin Contributions

Well, it partially worked. It is where it belongs again...thank you very much for that!! But the tagline should be inside the purple strip (http://scentsandsilver.com/products/...e_lavender.jpg), and it's not. How do I move it back inside? I'll change the text back to white again when I do, of course.

Plugin Contributions

Oh wait, I figured it out. I need to increase the height of the logo some more, and that will push it back down.

Thanks very much for your help, Frank18!!!

Plugin Contributions

Oh wait, I figured it out. I need to increase the height of the logo some more, and that will push it back down.

Thanks very much for your help, Frank18!!!
    Glad to see that this is working for you now.

Plugin Contributions

Not quite the way it should be...there's still that gray line above the tagline that shouldn't be there. I think it's because the original logo was so much smaller. But the logo shadow drops over it just the slightest bit, and that creates a really cool effect...so I'm quite happy with it, and I think they will be, too.