Plugin Contributions

Default Problem installing Ultimate URLs 2.15 (Unable to delete errors)

Hi! I have Zen cart 1.5.0 and I'm trying to install Ultimate URLs 2.15. I uploaded the folders/files where they are suposed to go on step 1. I installed the .htaccess in the root folder although I did not modify it because I don't know what to change and the instructions are of absolutely no help with that. I also installed the files from step 3. Whenever I click on anything in the admin page I get the following errors:

Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/a685329/public_html/admin/includes/auto_loaders/config.seo.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/a685329/public_html/admin/includes/extra_datafiles/seo.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/a685329/public_html/admin/includes/init_includes/init_seo_config.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/a685329/public_html/admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/seo.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/a685329/public_html/includes/auto_loaders/config.ultimate_seo.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/a685329/public_html/includes/extra_datafiles/seo.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/a685329/public_html/includes/auto_loaders/config.seo.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/a685329/public_html/includes/init_includes/init_seo_config.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/a685329/public_html/includes/classes/seo.url.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Error Filesystem Error: Unable to delete '/home/a685329/public_html/includes/classes/seo.install.php'. Verify your web server has access to delete this file. Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to remove the file.
    Success Found previous version installed. Upgrading (or re-installing) Ultimate URLs (old 2.150 => new 2.215).
    Error Ultimate URLs installation / upgrade failed!

I checked the permissions on all of these files and gave Users/Group/World each Read/Write/Execute. It still gives the same error. What do I need to do to make this work?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem installing Ultimate URLs 2.15 (Unable to delete errors)

Also, I did not use the "Plugin Manager" because I cannot find any such thing. I found something called "Module Manager", but I don't know if that is the same thing. If someone can provide a link to Plugin Manager I'll try it. I googled it but cannot find it.

Plugin Contributions

Those error messages indicate the USER the webserver is running as does NOT have write / delete access to those files. In most MODERN hosting environments, no "special" permission changes are needed (and on the rest - setting 777 temporarily is usually sufficient).

In some RARE cases the hosting provider may utilize additional (hidden from the averge end user) permissions. This is not uncommon on IIS based hosting platforms. If you are hosted on IIS I would strongly recommend switching to a UNIX (and Apache) based platform. This will avoid potential issues / headached in the future.

That said your hosting provider should be able to assist you with setting the necessary permissions (in both the Windows and Unix world, modern servers support permissions beyond USER / GROUP / OTHER which may not be visible / accessible over FTP alone). Sometimes this is as simple as using a web based file manager or custom web interface for managing permissions. Knowing how to grant write / delete permission on the hosting providers servers may be useful in the future.

You can manually delete the files (and only those specific files in those specific locations) by hand to allow the installation to continue. Be aware if the USER the webserver is running as does not have write / modify access to other core Zen Cart files the installation will still fail (as the installer cannot make the neccessary changes on your behalf).

There are extensive notes and information in the .htaccess file covering exactly what each section of the .htaccess file does and what changes may be needed. Regarding which section(s) of the notes and instructions located inside the .htaccess file can we assist by providing additional clarification?
    Last edited by lhungil; 20 Apr 2015 at 02:15 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I deleted those files then hit Admin home and now it has three files with this error:

Error Filesystem Error: Unable to write to '/home/a685329/public_html/admin/includes/classes/usu_plugin.php'. Please verify the webserver has access to write to file.
    Installation will not continue until the web server is granted access to write and delete the file.

So I think you're right about it being some sort of a permissions issue. This has a cPanel but I don't know what its hosted on, Windows, Unix, or what. I'll contact my hosting company and see if they have some sort of permissions thing set on my account.

I looked at the htaccess file again and I think I understand it now. I'll have to get past this file permissions stuff first and then I can probably play with that file.

Thank you for the help!