Plugin Contributions

Default Customer Forced to Create Account or Login With PayPal

Up until recently when a customer went to PayPal after the checkout they had the option to EITHER just enter their credit card info OR to create/login to their account. Something seems to have changed and they are now brought to just the login/create account page. There is no longer the option to checkout without creating/using a paypal account. I have no idea when this changed, but outside of the update in January to the CURL "stuff" I've not made any changes.

I've been going through this forum for days and days and have found people with the same problem, but no real solution or answer given. I've spent literally hours with (some very rude) PayPal people and most of them insist that it is zencart "forcing" this login page, not paypal. I don't think I believe this, but can't argue with them cause I don't necessarily understand all that is going on.

I have had some angry customers who do not want to login or create an account with PayPal, so any help would be appreciated.

Site: www.valuelogs.com

Setting is paypalwpp.php file:

$options['ALLOWNOTE'] = 1; // allow customer to enter a note on the PayPal site, which will be copied to order comments upon return to store.
    $options['SOLUTIONTYPE'] = 'Sole'; // Use 'Mark' for normal Express Checkout, 'Sole' for auctions or alternate flow
    $options['LANDINGPAGE'] = 'Billing'; // "Billing" or "Login" selects the style of landing page on PayPal site during checkout
    Thanks, Colleen
    www.af-company.com
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Forced to Create Account or Login With PayPal

Sorry, I can't remember who, but at least one Zenner reports that Paypal does this after ten transactions or so from the same customer. It isn't Zencart.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    Sorry, I can't remember who, but at least one Zenner reports that Paypal does this after ten transactions or so from the same customer. It isn't Zencart.
    Thanks so much for the reply stevesh. I did come across that post already. That doesn't seem to necessarily be the problem though. 2 people thus far have been upset because they do not ever use paypal, and won't start using it now. Had it only been one person I probably would have ignored it, however 2 people tells me that there is probably a problem.
    Thanks, Colleen
    www.af-company.com
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978

Plugin Contributions

Maybe, but it's hard sometimes to decipher what customers mean. "never use paypal' might mean 'have never created a Paypal account'. I believe that Paypal keys the ten instances to a customer's email address, and the total may be all Paypal transactions, not just those on your site. I'm almost certain that the problem doesn't come from Zencart. If any of the sites the customer has frequented uses Paypal Pro, the customer may not know he paid through Paypal.

Plugin Contributions

Our PayPal Account Manager told us that the limit for USA is 10 uses of an email address before requiring a PP account OR single purchase over $2799.99 also requires a PP account regardless of the email use count. I have heard via hear-say that the UK limit is 3 uses.

PayPal is your only payment processor, YES? regardless of using a PP account or Credit card, the payment is processed through PayPal's network.

I just went to your website and attempted a purchase and could not even get to select a payment method, CC or PP account. I was using the Checkout as Guest so that I didn't clutter your database and planned to abandon the purchase before final checkout.

Because of that, I assume that there may be more underlying issues. If it were PP, even after 10 uses, the pay using PP would function. That does not appear to be the case.

Could your host (without giving you advance notice) have upgraded php to a version that does not support zencart 1.5.1 . I don't have enough background to know how that would affect things.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com