Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Help! Authorize.net (AIM) module has no error messages, but is not processing payment

Hello All,

As of today, I've just now launched a new cart and I'm troubleshooting a significant problem with Authorize.Net AIM.

In a nutshell, from the customer's point of view, the order is processed and approved without any error messages or indications of trouble. However, I've noticed that no new entries are added to the authorizenet table, the record in the orders table has blanks for cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, and cc_expires (and cc_cvv is NULL). Also, there is no evidence of the transaction in our Authorize.net account.

I will say that I'm not new to ZenCart, nor am I new to Authorize.Net. We have recently migrated from a Windows host where I ran a cart for ten years, and I built a new cart from the ground-up on a Unix host (that's the one I'm launching now). I'm using the same login ID and transaction key as I was just yesterday on the old cart, so I don't think it's an authentication issue.

Some relevant notes:

1) Host - SiteGround, Linux system
    2) Cart version - 1.5.3
    3) I have SSL running with the same domain name as the old site
    4) cURL is working (I've tried the script that was posted in this forum, and it works)
    5) This happens whether I have the gateway in test or production mode
    6) Settings: enable database storage: true
    7) I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin to no avail.

This one totally baffles me, but knowing PHP/MySQL programming as I do, this feels like a case where an unescaped character is interfering with the proper insertion of a query and it's silently failing. I know I've faced that problem on this new host while dealing with other home-grown scripts (not associated with ZenCart).

Any help or advice anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

KKoch

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help! Authorize.net (AIM) module has no error messages, but is not processing pay

are you sure you are hitting the AIM module? if so, i would put some die statements in there to see where it might be failing.

from the sound of it, i am not 100% convinced that you are even making it to the authorizenet_AIM module.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help! Authorize.net (AIM) module has no error messages, but is not processing pay

Thanks a ton for your speedy reply, Carlwhat. This problem is so odd, I'm open to just about any explanation. I only know that everything appears to be installed and processing correctly. You're talking about adding die statements in the plugin code, right? I'll see if I can find out anything from that. In the meantime, if you have any other thoughts or ideas, I'm all ears.

Best, KKoch

Plugin Contributions

Enable Logging (to file) within the AIM module setup. Last setting, I believe.

See what the error log file says after going through the checkout process.

If you are just starting, might I ask why you are starting with zencart v1.5.3 when v1.5.4 is the most current and most secure of them all.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Hi RixStix,

A perfectly valid question :) The reason is that I built it several months ago when v 1.5.3 was the latest and greatest, and had to develop a WordPress site along with it. My boss was in a hot rush to launch everything and beat Mobilegeddon (which we did), and I just haven't had a chance to upgrade.

I'm trying your suggestions right now, along with those of Carlwhat. I'll post back here once I've sussed out some clues.

Thanks, guys!

KKoch

Plugin Contributions

This Plugin by lat9 will provide a much more detailed myDebug logfile if you choose to install it to aid interpreting the log files that are generated.

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1879
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Okay, here's the latest.

I did try to put a couple die(); statements in the authorizenet_aim.php file---one around line 410 after the response comes back from the gateway, and another at around 690 after the SQL query inserts info about the transaction into the authorizenet table. And, I didn't see anything stopping when I ran test orders. It just all continued working. The crazy thing is that the orders_status_history table is being updated (and there is code for that in the AIM module). Am I putting die(); statements in the right places, Calrwhat?

To respond to RixStix, I did enable logging, but I'm not seeing any log files. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place? I'm looking in /myinstalldirectory/logs and also /myinstalldirectory/includes/modules/payment.

Again, my thanks for your help!

KKoch

Plugin Contributions

cpanel
    public_html
    logs

I'd expect to see something like

AIM_Debug_xxxxxxxxxx
    with the error details if there were AIM problems.

Can't say that I can help any further than that.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Hi RixStix!

Thanks for hanging in there with me. Possibly the host has us set up a little different? The only logs I see outside of the ZenCart install are the usual server logs, and those (to my knowledge) just have HTTP requests, not PHP errors.

KKoch

Plugin Contributions

I'll offer a follow-up observation, in case it helps anyone. If I have PHP errors on this host, the problems usually get logged in a php_errorlog file that appears in the same directory as the offending script. I would imagine that, if this module were producing PHP errors, I would be seeing that. Thus far, I haven't seen anything show up in the directories where the authorizenet_aim.php file is.

Best, KKoch

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast