Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help! Authorize.net (AIM) module has no error messages, but is not processing pay

Hi RixStix,

Yes, /bwdsite is a WordPress installation (not even related), and is our main site. The ZenCart install is in /shop.

The host has gotten back to me, and to their credit, they asked me for more info on the problem. They also said, "We are using Softaculous auto-installer, yet there were no similar issues related to the very auto-installer and the installations that it creates. The vulnerability that was discovered with the old SSL version, was already patched and all servers are secured. Please, include more information and we will do our best to assist you."

So, now that I've filled them in (and I'm detailed and verbose, as you can tell!) we'll see if they come up with anything---or if they bail out now and say, "It's not a POODLE issue, it's your problem." By all means, though, please continue posting if you have any thoughts or suggestions. I'm still watching this thread.

Best, KKoch

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help! Authorize.net (AIM) module has no error messages, but is not processing pay

Quote Originally Posted by pjcc21e View Post
    Hi RixStix,

Yes, /bwdsite is a WordPress installation (not even related), and is our main site. The ZenCart install is in /shop.

The host has gotten back to me, and to their credit, they asked me for more info on the problem. They also said, "We are using Softaculous auto-installer, yet there were no similar issues related to the very auto-installer and the installations that it creates. The vulnerability that was discovered with the old SSL version, was already patched and all servers are secured. Please, include more information and we will do our best to assist you."

So, now that I've filled them in (and I'm detailed and verbose, as you can tell!) we'll see if they come up with anything---or if they bail out now and say, "It's not a POODLE issue, it's your problem." By all means, though, please continue posting if you have any thoughts or suggestions. I'm still watching this thread.

Best, KKoch
    The reply relates to server level patches.

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....yment-security

You might want to verify the zencart files mentioned have been appropriately edited.

At this point, I would be inclined to create another demo, manual install of v1.5.3 in a different directory with a new, blank database. Configure payment modules and test. I never figured out the specifics but my first v1.5.3 install in my sandbox domain had problems out of the box. The same install on a different server, same host, worked just fine. Obviously there was some setting in the shared environment was different between servers but it wasn't worth my time to fiddle around.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

An update from my side: Day three, and the problem still persists, but the host company (to their credit) is helping me troubleshoot at the moment. I'm half-compelled to start fresh with a by-the-book rebuild 1.5.4 and see if I have the same problem.

No matter what happens, I'll update this thread and let you know if we found the culprit, or if I went with the rebuild, and this simply remains one of life's little mysteries.

Best, KKoch

Plugin Contributions

Hello All,

I feel that I have stumbled upon a major clue to this problem, but I feel like I need a second--or third, or fourth!---set of eyes, and another brain that isn't as burned out as mine!

To summarize, I was about to just give up on this botched cart and do a by-the-book install (with ZenCart's own installer, not the one from the host). During the initial process, there were errors pertaining to SSL and cURL. See the screenshot here:

http://birdwatchersdigest.com/temp/z...urlsupport.jpg

Well, this is rather strange because you can tell from the server config that cURL is enabled with SSL, and I have SSL for our domain (you can tell that from the URL location on the menu bar). I just got a new SSL cert from the host earlier this week, and a dedicated IP address along with it. But somehow, ZenCart is having trouble working it out. I figure this is must be exactly why the cURL requests with the Authorize.net AIM module aren't being made.

What do you all make of this? What should I have the host check (or do?)

Best, KKoch

Plugin Contributions

Path problem ???

One place you said zencart was installed ...../shop/ & it appeared functional?
    Your screenprint indicates ..../bwdshop/
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Yes, /shop is functional, except for this problem where Authorize.net AIM won't work. I was installing a fresh cart in /bwdshop (keeping the other one in /shop alive for right now).

Also, in case you're wondering---I wasn't sure if it was smart to leave a half-installed cart on my server when I had just announced it to the world, so I have moved it elsewhere.

Thanks for your speedy response, RixStix! Any thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Update: Okay, folks, I feel vindicated at last. The host company is acknowledging that there may be a problem and they're escalating it. So, I'm hoping (at last) that a solution is just around the corner, and I'll update this thread when I have it. Hopefully someone else will be spared the struggle that I faced over this.

Turning in for tonight--will be back later!

KKoch

Plugin Contributions

Hello All,

I'm in need of your help and advice again.

As I reported earlier, I tried downloading ZenCart 1.5.4 from this website and ran the installer on my host. I got the following error messages:

ATTENTION: Problems Found
    ERROR - Cannot proceed until problems are resolved.
    CURL problems detected: 7 => Failed connect to www.zen-cart.com:80; Connection timed out more info...
    CURL requires SSL support. Please notify webmaster or hosting company. 7 => Failed connect to www.zen-cart.com:443; Connection timed out more info...

I've been in touch with the Wizards Up High (second level support team) at my host company. They have investigated this at length today with a Linux strace utililty. Their conclusion is that zen-cart.com is blocking our server IP.

First, what is the liklihood that this is the case? And, if this is possible, what can be done about it (just short of me asking my host to migrate us to another server?)

In advance, thanks for applying your brainpower to this!

Best, KKoch

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hi.

To investigate this further we would need to know your IP address, in order to determine whether any of our automated systems have blocked that IP.

If you do not want to display your IP address publicly, please PM me.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by pjcc21e View Post
    Hello All,

I'm in need of your help and advice again.

As I reported earlier, I tried downloading ZenCart 1.5.4 from this website and ran the installer on my host. I got the following error messages:

ATTENTION: Problems Found
    ERROR - Cannot proceed until problems are resolved.
    CURL problems detected: 7 => Failed connect to www.zen-cart.com:80; Connection timed out more info...
    CURL requires SSL support. Please notify webmaster or hosting company. 7 => Failed connect to www.zen-cart.com:443; Connection timed out more info...

I've been in touch with the Wizards Up High (second level support team) at my host company. They have investigated this at length today with a Linux strace utililty. Their conclusion is that zen-cart.com is blocking our server IP.

First, what is the liklihood that this is the case? And, if this is possible, what can be done about it (just short of me asking my host to migrate us to another server?)

In advance, thanks for applying your brainpower to this!

Best, KKoch

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Ian! I just sent you a PM, but let me know if you didn't receive it. When I look at my "sent" folder it says I have 0 messages.

If you didn't get it, I'll give it a second try, or just post it here.

Grateful for your help,

KKoch

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast