Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Size Content To Viewport For Mobile

Hello, I was hoping someone could help me. I configured viewpoint , adding <meta name=viewport content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1"> to html_header.php. When I checked googles pagespeed insights for mobile, I got this message:

"Size content to viewport

The page content is too wide for the viewport, forcing the user to scroll horizontally. Size the page content to the viewport to provide a better user experience. The page content is 985 CSS pixels wide, but the viewport is only 320 CSS pixels wide."

Is there a code that I would need to place? I honestly have been trying to fix this problem for days but no luck. My site is b e d r o o m d u v e t s p o t.com

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Size Content To Viewport For Mobile

Suggest incorporating the responsive diy template code available in the downloads responsive templates area...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hello, do you mean this http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1724

I forgot to mention that I was using zencart v1.3.9h

Sorry, what is this download used for?

Plugin Contributions

It is used to create a template that adjusts itself based on the device being used to display the result and the size of the display. Ie. It is a mobile friendly modification to resize the content to the viewport. :) ought to solve your problem generally speaking.

Plugin Contributions

Ohhh, I see. But I'm not seeing any downloads for zencart v1.3.9h

Is there maybe another solution, a css code that I can place somewhere in my files? Thanks again.
    Last edited by ricangem; 26 Apr 2015 at 01:14 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I have been reading information online and I believe it may have to do with css coding or maybe an image (widget) is causing the page content to be so wide, but I'm not sure. I found this information on the web that helped: http://www.feedthebot.com/mobile/con...-viewport.html

I'm still trying to figure this out. If anyone finds a solution to this problem, please let know.

Plugin Contributions

I received this suggestion a couple of minutes ago:

"To fix this problem, you need first decide what you want displayed on the mobile screen and then, make code adjustments to make that happen. Here is one suggestion, when someone views your site on a mobile device, consider dropping the left and right columns and make the center section have 100% width . Unfortunately, it is not just one file that you need to change ."

Hmmmm....now all I need to figure out is what files to edit. I will come back if I find anything. Hopefully this can help someone else who is having the same problem. Crossing my fingers.

Plugin Contributions

That's a algozone template your using. There is no simple path to making it responsive to satisfy the google mobile friendly test. Your best bet is too install one of algozone mobile templates along side the other template and tweak it with your colors and logo. It will make google happy when they come to test, and buy you time to decide on the long term path you want to take regarding mobile friendliness
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ricangem View Post
    Hello, do you mean this http://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1724

I forgot to mention that I was using zencart v1.3.9h

Sorry, what is this download used for?
    Ohhh, I see. But I'm not seeing any downloads for zencart v1.3.9h

Is there maybe another solution, a css code that I can place somewhere in my files? Thanks again.
    I received this suggestion a couple of minutes ago:

"To fix this problem, you need first decide what you want displayed on the mobile screen and then, make code adjustments to make that happen. Here is one suggestion, when someone views your site on a mobile device, consider dropping the left and right columns and make the center section have 100% width . Unfortunately, it is not just one file that you need to change ."

Hmmmm....now all I need to figure out is what files to edit. I will come back if I find anything. Hopefully this can help someone else who is having the same problem. Crossing my fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    That's a algozone template your using. There is no simple path to making it responsive to satisfy the google mobile friendly test. Your best bet is too install one of algozone mobile templates along side the other template and tweak it with your colors and logo. It will make google happy when they come to test, and buy you time to decide on the long term path you want to take regarding mobile friendliness
    The above trail is all about accomplishing what you want, to have a mobile friendly presentation of your site.

But back to basics,understand that you are trying to maintain software functional that is RAPIDLY coming to a point of not being functional. Sure "patch" it to continue operating under a mobile template, but should begin considering upgrading the underlying ZC code to the latest version.

Plugin Contributions

Hello, the email above was from algozone. I received another email that says:" If you are looking at where to locate the left and right columns, you should be able to find it in the template_main.php file."

I honestly do not know what to modify there. I hate to say this but I think I'm just going to give up.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast