Thread: Table Prefix

Plugin Contributions

Default Table Prefix

I understand that a table prefix should only be used if you have a second store. I only have 1 store but the zen cart installed by my web hosting has set a prefix for me. Can the prefix be removed? Can this setting be updated? I've just got zen cart installed and haven't started configuring it yet.

If the prefix can't be removed, will it cause a lot of problems? Do problems only occur to certain add-on modules? I'll be using Direct Bank Deposit, Flexible Language/Currency Header Options module, PayPal and maybe BackUp ZC. Will problems occur to these modules due to the use of a table prefix? I'm asking this as I need to decide whether to install zen cart again on my own to not use a table prefix or just use the one installed by my web hosting (with table prefix). Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Table Prefix

Quote Originally Posted by jolliejollie View Post
    I understand that a table prefix should only be used if you have a second store. I only have 1 store but the zen cart installed by my web hosting has set a prefix for me. Can the prefix be removed? Can this setting be updated? I've just got zen cart installed and haven't started configuring it yet.

If the prefix can't be removed, will it cause a lot of problems? Do problems only occur to certain add-on modules? I'll be using Direct Bank Deposit, Flexible Language/Currency Header Options module, PayPal and maybe BackUp ZC. Will problems occur to these modules due to the use of a table prefix? I'm asking this as I need to decide whether to install zen cart again on my own to not use a table prefix or just use the one installed by my web hosting (with table prefix). Thanks.

You can leave the prefix in the code will work fine :)
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

The prefix won't hurt anything. Just leave it the way it is. You may have to add the prefix if you install a mod with a SQL patch.

Plugin Contributions

If you're not too far along, you might want to start over without using an autoloader. Too many problems with those to make them worth your while.