Plugin Contributions

Default Column Text layout for responsive template

Hi.

I'm upgrading our business website to v1.5.4. I've chosen to do a fresh build as I find things generally come together much easier. I'm rebuilding using one of the new responsive templates so our website works better with smart phones and tablets.

Previously I used the centerbox mod to create 3x columns of text on the main page. This is not working well with the smart phone resizing in the responsive template. I still want to be able to have 3x column of text on the main page when viewed on a PC screen, but would like these columns to "stack" when accessed by smart phones.

I've tried a few different things with css without success. Can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks
    Greg

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Column Text layout for responsive template

While not a direct solution, might I suggest taking a look at how the responsive templates deal with left and right columns... Those sideboxes that are to remain move to the "stack", so there might be something in that. Will say that if tables are used to generate the central three "columns" supposedly that will cause problems... Tables are not friendly in a world of adjustable screen size...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ozetrade View Post
    Previously I used the centerbox mod to create 3x columns of text on the main page.
    Perhaps among the stuff you tried, you already have attempted customizing the mod's files, maybe if you report what you did could help, also knowing what mod you are referrring to would be helpful, I tried searching for "centerbox", but couldn't guess which you are referring to.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ozetrade View Post
    Hi.

I'm upgrading our business website to v1.5.4. I've chosen to do a fresh build as I find things generally come together much easier. I'm rebuilding using one of the new responsive templates so our website works better with smart phones and tablets.

Previously I used the centerbox mod to create 3x columns of text on the main page. This is not working well with the smart phone resizing in the responsive template. I still want to be able to have 3x column of text on the main page when viewed on a PC screen, but would like these columns to "stack" when accessed by smart phones.

I've tried a few different things with css without success. Can anyone offer a solution?

Thanks
    Greg
    Which template are you using?

Instead of using a plugin, you can just create 3 divs and float them in larger screens and then just remove the floats in smaller screens so that they will naturally show vertically one at a time.

Thanks,

Anne