Plugin Contributions

Default Query_Selects_xxxxx.txt File in Cache Folder Overflow

Hi,

Yesterday I got a sort of warning email from my hosting company regarding the query text files in my cache folder (the cache folder in my root directory) stating this:

we noted that part of your site appears to use larger amounts of CPU and memory than is normally appropriate. Issues like this can be caused by abnormally high concurrent traffic to your site or by a script that is perhaps not optimized for more aggressive use.
    And the files were identified as

/public_html/cache contains query_selects text files that is not properly deleted by the script you are using.
    I went on to check and it took quite a while to load the files, it would seem the folder was at 65MB in size already. The files are all something starting with

query_selects__xxxx.txt

When I opened the files, it looks like this:

Code:

I AM HERE indexsidebox: Explain select code                      from zen_currencies                      where code = 'CAD' LIMIT 1;I AM HERE indexsidebox: Explain select count(*) as count                              from zen_whos_online                              where session_id = 'e430daee6e39148ba3db5a50bfae3bd3' and ip_address='157.244.195.236';I AM HERE indexsidebox: Explain select banners_id, date_scheduled                      from zen_banners                      where date_scheduled != 'NULL';
    I did some good googling to try to find out if there are any available methods for automatically purge the cache file of such, but to no vail. And I couldn't find out why they had been piling up like this in a way that potentially cause site slow down and even crash. I haven't done any fixed to the database or site recently, ie no new mods and/or plugins. Things were seemingly fine before, and just occurred recently I presume.

Please if someone could point me to a direction as to how to fix it, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I am using v1.5.1

Many thanks.

S
    Sc0rpionGirL
    www.scarlettshop.com
    www.kaccidesign.com
    [FONT=Arial]"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius (551-479 BCE), Chinese philosopher and educator[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Query_Selects_xxxxx.txt File in Cache Folder Overflow

Sorry to post back right away Ok, google search didn't help me to find this thread but after I posted I found it on the forum. This thread helped me:

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....n-Cache-folder

Moderators you might just delete my post if you think necessary, as I found the answer and I turned of the Logging (to false) per the thread above suggesting, so far from testing, it seems to work fine.

Many thanks and I do owe you guys a coffee.
    Sc0rpionGirL
    www.scarlettshop.com
    www.kaccidesign.com
    [FONT=Arial]"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius (551-479 BCE), Chinese philosopher and educator[/FONT]