Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping attached to seperate attributes?

Hello,
    So very new to zencart, I basically got put in charge of it and have a fully functioning website given to me.
    Problem,
    So I have many roses which we sell on website. Origonally we were just selling bareroot roses but now we want to sell potted roses aswell. I have managed to set up an attribute which allows to to choose whether you want it your Rose product Bareroot or Potted, but now I have to try and figure out how to change the shipping costs so that it will add an extra fee to the potted attribute and that it can only be sold in the UK. We have a flat rate shipping for all bareroot roses but that was without this new potted attributes.

Also I know this is a lot to ask but is there an option so that 3 potted roses will be cheaper shipping than 1. Or 6 will be cheaper than 3 and so on...

Many thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping attached to seperate attributes?

Quote Originally Posted by henner View Post
    I have managed to set up an attribute which allows to to choose whether you want it your Rose product Bareroot or Potted, but now I have to try and figure out how to change the shipping costs so that it will add an extra fee to the potted attribute
    Adding a shipping cost for these will require some custom coding. However, if the additional 'shipping cost' is to be a fixed/static amount, you could consider adding this to the 'price' field associated with the attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by henner View Post
    Also I know this is a lot to ask but is there an option so that 3 potted roses will be cheaper shipping than 1. Or 6 will be cheaper than 3 and so on...
    This is a little difficult to answer, because it depends on the shipping module(s) that you have available to you. Some of them (eg: ozpost) bases its shipping costs based on 'real time' quotes from various carriers, which means the quote will be accurate regardless of wherher there is one item or ten items in the cart.

I have no idea what shipping modules are suitable for UK, or the functionality they have.

I *can* tell you that what you are seeking is not something that is easily achievable though because there are too many variables involved, many of which will be unique to your store (eg: Category names, different size/weight products that may or may not be combined into a single order, allowable destinations, etc, etc)

Cheers
    RodG